2019 National Sports Collectors Convention - Chicago

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

2019 National Sports Collectors Convention - Chicago

Postby vintagebrett » April 3rd, 2019, 8:25 am

The 40th National Sports Collectors Convention will be taking place July 31st - August 4th in Chicago this summer. I'll have a booth with miscellaneous sporting goods for sale and hope that a bunch of you can make your way to the show. As always, if there is enough people and interest, I'm happy to set up a dinner/gathering where we can talk all things glove. Glovecrazy will be joining me in the booth and I'm sure he will bring an assorted mix of treasures to tantalize. Anybody planning on attending?
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Re: 2019 National Sports Collectors Convention - Chicago

Postby vintagebrett » June 9th, 2019, 11:17 am

Just wanted to bump this up as a reminder if anyone is considering going. I know you are all big fan's of JD's glove lists, well, if you come to the National you can experience a similar "glove list" in one booth. As this point in time I have an interesting selection of models from the early 1900's up to the 1970's that you'll be able to put on your hand, enjoy the feel of the smooth linings and take in that great leather smell. There will be some unique models, top line gloves, rare endorsements and some other surprises. I'm sure Mr. GloveCrazy will be bringing a few to tantalize you with as well. A veteran collector of over 30 years, Doug Wolk, is downsizing and will have a great variety of models that will be available in my booth as well. It's always a hoot to hang out with glove-minded friends so if you're considering going, please do!
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby vintagebrett » July 18th, 2019, 7:52 am

Two weeks until the show in Chicago. I've heard from a few people that will be attending and I look forward to seeing everyone there that can make it. I will be set up in booth 613. There will be a great selection of vintage gloves to choose from. A good 30-40 models are what you would expect to see in Glove of the Month postings, while another 30 or so are just a notch below. There will be a bargain bin of $20 and under gloves as well. A great majority of the gloves I'm bringing are fresh to the hobby and have not circulated among the collecting masses. If your interest extends beyond gloves, there will be some nice bats, uniforms, football equipment, advertising, trophies, display pieces, etc. GloveCrazy Rob will be posing for pictures and signing autographs daily in the booth as well. It's always a fun time to hang out with fellow glove collectors so if you're on the fence about going, I'd highly recommend making the trip. Make sure to "zip" right over to booth 613! 8)
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby GloveCrazy » July 18th, 2019, 5:07 pm

Alright Glovers, who’s gonna stop by and say hello at the National?! Really looking forward to it as Chicago is my favorite location (other than rare historic Anaheim), and Brett always has premier stuff that holds back for that show (darn it). I know Paul can’t make it this year but how about fellow Clevelanders Mark Walters and Bob Seedhouse? I hear Longtimer Doug Wolk may bring some stuff and Richie Boswell and Scott Noble usually a have a bag of goodies as well. Can’t wait!
Trade with Rob
GloveCrazy
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion