Any resources on how to re-lace a Wilson A2000L Dual Hinge?

Please share your knowledge on how to keep your vintage gloves in great shape and looking sharp.

Any resources on how to re-lace a Wilson A2000L Dual Hinge?

Postby DKM » December 8th, 2019, 5:03 pm

I'd like to re-lace my old Wilson A2000L dual hinge glove, but I've never done this before. Does anyone know if there are any how-to's or instructions online for this particular glove? This glove means a lot to me, so I'd hate to unlace it, then have no idea how to put it back together! Thanks!

It's this exact glove.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRtvsKAmLkU
DKM
Rookie Glove Poster

Re: Any resources on how to re-lace a Wilson A2000L Dual Hin

Postby mplsgloves » December 8th, 2019, 6:01 pm

Sorry, I don't know of a tutorial for your specific A2000 model but here's one fairly detailed how-to with lots of pictures that will give you a general feel for what is involved in relacing a glove.
https://uni-watch.com/2013/07/18/how-to-re-lace-a-baseball-glove/
My main advice would be to take it slow and make a detailed step-by-step diagram of the lace path as you remove them. Also take pictures of the old laces from every angle before you start removing them and at each step along the way as you remove them. Hopefully between the lace diagram and pictures you'll be able to recreate the pattern without any trouble. (The only caveat here is I am assuming you are starting from a properly laced glove. If its been incorrectly relaced or has some makeshift repairs as is sometimes the case, you obviously won't want to recreate that.) Good luck!
mplsgloves
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby DKM » December 8th, 2019, 6:24 pm

mplsgloves wrote:Sorry, I don't know of a tutorial for your specific A2000 model but here's one fairly detailed how-to with lots of pictures that will give you a general feel for what is involved in relacing a glove.
https://uni-watch.com/2013/07/18/how-to-re-lace-a-baseball-glove/
My main advice would be to take it slow and make a detailed step-by-step diagram of the lace path as you remove them. Also take pictures of the old laces from every angle before you start removing them and at each step along the way as you remove them. Hopefully between the lace diagram and pictures you'll be able to recreate the pattern without any trouble. (The only caveat here is I am assuming you are starting from a properly laced glove. If its been incorrectly relaced or has some makeshift repairs as is sometimes the case, you obviously won't want to recreate that.) Good luck!

Thanks so much for the link. Very useful. The lacing is original to the glove--I've never had it re-laced. I'll hit record on the phone and talk myself through it so I can work backward from that. Thanks again, mpls.
DKM
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby ejborowski » April 7th, 2020, 5:07 pm

I just finished a similar project. Let me know if you’re still working on your glove-I’m happy to help with advice if you’re stuck!
ejborowski
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Glove Conditioning and Restoration