Why Pay Taxes, Buyer's Fees? Buy Direct! Premium Gloves FS

Pre-1970 gloves for that you are looking to sell, trade or looking for.

Why Pay Taxes, Buyer's Fees? Buy Direct! Premium Gloves FS

Postby Yanks23 » November 13th, 2019, 12:50 pm

Like many of you, I love it when a really interesting, premium glove comes up with one of the auction houses. But it is painful having to pay those buyer’s fees that are typically around 20% of the purchase price. And shipping. And state taxes. It is getting crazy out there. And you still have to hope that you are the winning bidder. The same goes for eBay. While there are no buyer’s fees, many are now getting hit with sales tax for winning bids. All reasons why JD’s semi-annual Sales Lists will become increasingly popular and important for our hobby, in my opinion.

I am going to try something a little different here. My collecting focus is changing a little and I am willing to part with some of my gloves/mitts. But certainly not all of them! Rather than list specific gloves/mitts for sale, I am extending the offer to you to reach out to me and let me know what one(s) you might be interested in. From there, we can discuss whether or not I am willing to part with that particular glove or mitt. And if I am, we can then discuss price. If you search JD’s gallery using the search term “Whitman”, you will see everything I currently have.

But please note, admittedly my prices are not cheap. As I am not actively looking to sell any one specific glove or mitt, this is me being willing to part with some great gloves/mitts, but only if I get a price that works for me. Most of my stuff, in my opinion, is on the top end side of its respective category/type. And I am into most of this stuff at high end prices as well.

For some context, I don’t have anything that I currently would part with that will go for under $750. So, if that is not something that is within your budget range, no worries. I just don’t want folks to wind up with “sticker shock” on anything you inquire about. If I have something that you really want, now is your chance to wrestle it out of my collection.

Take a look. And drop me a line at: timwhitman@comcast.net. And no, neither of the fingerless gloves will be sold! 

-- Tim
Last edited by Yanks23 on November 13th, 2019, 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yanks23
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: Why Pay Taxes, Buyer's Fees? Buy Direct! Premium Gloves

Postby ebbets55 » November 13th, 2019, 2:27 pm

But I want the fingerless gloves...

Ha, thanks for the note. Good luck out there. Love it when guys like you get clever and proactive and love to see gloves trade hands!

JD
ebbets55
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby Yanks23 » November 24th, 2019, 8:42 pm

I had some nice requests, discussions. One I did not want to part with. One I priced, but the request was to do a trade. Another one I priced, but was more than the requester expected. And one deal is currently in the works.

Who else wants in? Hit me up.
Yanks23
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Yanks23 » December 6th, 2019, 12:15 pm

I just shipped out this beauty that was wrestled away from my collection:
Simmons Full Web Front.JPG

Simmons Full Web Back.JPG

Treat someone special (yourself) to another beautiful condition example. Perhaps this one:
Goldsmith White Sewn Web Front.JPG

Goldsmith White Sewn Web Back.JPG

If interested in this one or others I have, hit me up at timwhitman@comcast.net for pricing.

-- Tim
Yanks23
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Gloves for Sale / Trade / Wanted