BGC Sales List

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Re: BGC Sales List

Postby ebbets55 » September 30th, 2019, 11:18 pm

Hi All,

Getting lots of inquiries about the Post Season Baseball Glove Sales List. It's that time so I thought I'd post a note to let you all know if you would like to sell anything, please get your submissions to me ASAP so I can work up the list during the first couple of Series. The pics are already starting to come in.

Remember, it doesn't cost anything to sell, just email me pics, descriptions and prices and I'll do the rest. Hoping to finalize and publish by Game 1 of the World Series.

It's the second and final Sales List for the year. If I have another one, it won't be until Opening Day. Thanks all. Holler with any questions.

JD
ebbets55
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby ebbets55 » October 21st, 2019, 12:48 am

Heads up, email blast going live about 5:00ish PST for Game 1 of the World Series. If you are worried your internet service provider (ISP) will delay delivery, then go ahead and download it directly from the site here:

https://www.baseballglovecollector.com/ ... ales-lists

It will be #21.

JD
ebbets55

Postby vintagebrett » October 23rd, 2019, 7:46 am

Thanks for putting the list together JD - lots of great pieces. Hope sellers and buyers do well.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby ebbets55 » February 4th, 2020, 12:14 pm

Hi All, just a quick note to let you know I'm accepting submissions for the Opening Day Sales List to go live on Opening Day. Start working up the gloves you would like to include on the list. Remember, it doesn't cost anything. Just send me pics, descriptions and prices and I'll do the rest. Thanks!

JD
ebbets55

Postby ebbets55 » March 31st, 2020, 3:21 pm

Hi All, hope everyone is well and staying safe. Just wanted to post a quick update to the Opening Day Sales List. I have received A LOT of questions about if it will still be on, and if so, then when? All along, I wanted it to coincide with Opening Day as that's our tradition. I am extremely sensitive to what is going on as it is truly horrible. I feel for everyone affected by this in any manner and certainly don't want to be insensitive when people's health, jobs, finances and future are uncertain. I also feel for all the people stuck at home extremely bored.

There are two camps here: those who think we need something, a respite, something to smile about and get our minds off of what is going on and those who think it is a terrible time to publish a hobby list at a time like this. I see both sides of the argument. Some of you had made very compelling arguments in fact - many made from both sides. Some people don't want to go to a post office and others don't want to receive anything from anyone now. Others are waiting for stimulus checks. Some believe hobby money is discretionary. One thing I can say with certainty is that there is a ton of interest in this next list, whenever we collectively decide to do it. I have already received lots of submissions from lots of sellers. This list will be fun.

Right now, my heart and thoughts are in the camp of holding off til whenever they announce the new Opening Day. If baseball is on, then it will represent a time of normalcy for us all, a time when all is right in the world again. As of this moment, I'm making the call to coincide with the new Opening Day. Hope you are all OK with this. I'm certainly amenable to changing my mind as time goes by especially if it gets prolonged further than we initially may think.

For those of you who would like to pull your gloves as you may need to sell them sooner, I totally understand. Just let me know. Happy to pull them. Otherwise, please keep the submissions coming and let's make this the best list yet. Remember, it doesn't cost anything, just pics, descriptions and prices. I'll get the pages worked up for your review and approval and ready to go if we decide to go sooner.

Hope you all understand. Please stay safe and healthy in the meantime and pray that we will get back to normal as soon as possible.

JD
ebbets55@aol.com
jim@baseballglovecollector.com
ebbets55

Postby ebbets55 » April 17th, 2020, 2:39 pm

Quick update - still planning on coinciding the list with Opening Day unless anything changes.

One of the cool things about people staying home lately (if there is anything positive) is that people are really getting into their collections. They are enjoying what they have. Some are finally getting around to the project of inventorying and photographing them. As a result, I have uploaded over 1,500 new glove pics into the galleries as of late. Below is the latest glove picture count.

So, if anyone is bored or wants to send pics, please send 'em over and let's get to 20,000. If anyone wants to update the description or owner, please drop me a note. A lot of gloves continue to change hands and I don't always know about them so the owner information may be outdated. Let's try to clean them up as people look to that when searching for the owners of gloves to trade with. I've heard of a number of trades lately and I love it! Glad you guys are enjoying your collections.

Lastly, if anyone sees any errors, typos, duplicate pics (old pics and new pics), please let me know and I'll get them fixed. I would like the galleries to be as accurate as possible. Thanks.

JD
Attachments
Stats.JPG
Stats.JPG (9.49 KiB) Viewed 37680 times
ebbets55

Postby vintagebrett » April 18th, 2020, 8:54 am

Great to hear JD! I have a few photos to catch up on - I'll add it to my list of things to keep busy.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Yanks23 » June 6th, 2020, 3:01 pm

With all of the unfortunate chatter between the owners and the player's association, what are the thoughts out there about whether there will even be an MLB season this year? Doesn't seem to be looking good. And on top of that, where does that leave the Sales List? My guess is there are a lot of us who are totally jonesin' for this. After all, it is a very exciting time in the hobby twice a year when the list comes out. And let's face it, we were all anxious to see it in early April! With this COVID crap and the potential of no baseball season -- we need this!

Anyone else with me on this to help convince JD to set a date for the list, regardless of whether or not there even is an Opening Day? If so, let your voice be heard! Post here. Bug JD. But as you do that, also work to convince him that this is the way to go by letting him know about gloves/mitts that you want to commit to sell on the list. You know JD takes a great deal of pride in putting together an ass-kicking list twice a year. And in order for him to do that -- he needs all of us to play a part. Hell, I sent him my pics and write-ups for 7 or 8 back in February, with the anticipation of an April list.

In the words of Jerry Maguire, "Who's comin' with me?"

-- Tim
Yanks23
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby 3rdsac29 » June 6th, 2020, 4:33 pm

I’ll second that.
3rdsac29
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Rickybulldog » June 8th, 2020, 11:25 pm

Interesting post. To be honest, I'm not sure if there will be a MLB season this year. As a baseball fan, I hope they salvage the season to avoid similar problems faced by the 94-95 strike. As for the sale list, I am excited to see a set date so I can see the wonderful eye candy even if there's a chance I don't buy anything. The sale list is such a great way to get a pulse of the hobby and I know it is a labor of love to our glove friend JD (Thank you Jim). My only reservation is that purchasing gloves may or not be a priority right now to folks who are worried about their jobs and health concerns (I hope not). Although, if the glove list is put out and someone buys a glove I may want, it would motivate me to actively reach out to that person to engage in trade talks (a lost art in my opinion). Two things this pandemic has provided for us is the gift of time (Inventory, cleaning) and creativity (I've probably pulled off 3-4 major deals these past months). I say set a date and watch people get creative.

On a side note, I always loved watching this thread on the NET54 forum, I would love to see a glove one just for fun. Maybe a $100, $150, or $200 value. IDK

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=223173
Rickybulldog

Postby mikesglove » June 9th, 2020, 12:42 pm

The net54 inspired thread sounds good Ricky. Are you going to be in charge of running it?
mikesglove

Postby Rickybulldog » June 9th, 2020, 2:59 pm

Mike,

I don't mind doing it. Ultimately, it is Brett's forum so if he allows it, I'm good with it. I would think it would be best in the Buy, sell, trade section (As I believe Brett did a Dutch auction on that section a few years ago). Any thoughts on price? Is it something folks would be interested in? Personally, I would love to know what is available. I would think a $125 or less value would get action and possibly a $500 would be neat just to see some even nicer eye candy. Idk, thoughts?
Rickybulldog

Postby ebbets55 » June 9th, 2020, 6:06 pm

UPDATE - I'm not going to wait any longer for MLB to announce Opening Day.

Going live on Tuesday June 30th at 5:00ish PM PST.

There's still time to submit gloves for the list if you want to be included. Please get me pics, prices & descriptions at your earliest convenience. Thanks All for your patience.

JD
ebbets55

Postby vintagebrett » June 9th, 2020, 6:39 pm

Great to hear JD!

Ricky - go for it!
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Yanks23 » June 9th, 2020, 7:53 pm

Cool stuff...love the upcoming activity. Ricky, maybe either drive folks to JD’s list for now. Then start up your initiative after June 30?
Yanks23
Veteran Glove Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion