BGC Sales List

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Re: BGC Sales List

Postby vintagebrett » March 31st, 2023, 6:47 am

Thanks for putting the list together again JD! Always fun to see what will pop up on it.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby ebbets55 » October 21st, 2023, 10:54 am

So far, we are a go for Friday, 10/27 at 5:00 p.m. PST. Couple of notes - the biggest struggle with these lists is getting blacklisted by ISP's (Internet Service Providers). When I send out an e-mail blast to so many people, the auto-reply (undeliverable mailer-daemon message) is a 24 hour ban. That's why many of you don't get the e-mail at 5:00 sharp. So, by now, I hope everyone knows to just go to the website and pull the list down at 5:00 on the nose and don't wait for the e-mail. The list won't be live on the site prior to that. I'm going to send out the list in batches this time to be under the limit and hopefully avoid the ban. If it still happens, I won't even send an e-mail for the Opening Day Sales List. I'll just put up the file but send the e-mail earlier in the week as a heads up.

When you reply to my e-mail blast (or send me an e-mail because you didn't receive it), please include the page # of the PDF. With so many gloves and duplicate descriptions, it's hard to figure out who to route the e-mail to, so please include the page number. On the old Acrobat, it will say the page number like 1 of 100 on the top center of the browser and with the new Acrobat, it is listed on the right hand margin.

Please don't reach out to the sellers directly as the sellers are selling in the order they receive the e-mails from me, and I work my inbox from the bottom up to be fair. Lastly, the sellers know they pay domestic shipping. That should always be factored into the prices offered.

Thanks all. Let's have some fun!

JD
ebbets55
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » October 25th, 2023, 4:41 pm

Looking forward to it - thanks for putting it together!
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby ebbets55 » October 28th, 2023, 1:23 pm

Hi all, holy crap was that vigorous last night. It was a fun night. I want to thank everyone for the kind words and nice e-mails. That means a lot and makes it all worthwhile.

I want to address the four people who had trouble getting in last night and try to shed some light on the issue. I just spoke with two of you on the phone and here's the recap for the others. Believe me, I get that you couldn't get in. Not doubting that, but I was already getting a number of e-mails at 5:01, which means others were. It also goes to show that you have to be quick. The second I published the list, I got four texts from people who couldn't get in. I was in, it worked on my desktop, laptop and phone and others were in so one of two things were happening. I wait til my cell phone flips to 5:00 and then hit the publish button. The process is super simple on my side. You guys who are refreshing continuously prior to 5:00 are wasting your time and that is probably messing with the way your browsers are refreshing it, or maybe it's GoDaddy. I can't imagine the URL is live for some but not others. That doesn't make sense. In other words, I don't think it takes GoDaddy more than a minute to make the page public. I also recommend you clear out your browsing history or cache on your browsers. It sounds like it was redirecting you elsewhere based on what was already stored in your browsers. Publishing the sales list is a simple feat and not prone to errors. It's simply a URL. When I hit go, I'm at the mercy of both GoDaddy and your own browsers. There's no other explanation as to why the link works for some of you and not others. It's the same link.

I also urge everyone to go right to the sales page on the website and wait for the latest list to populate. We all have the same cell phone clocks. Once 5:00 PST hits, then hit refresh til you get it. You'll see it as soon as GoDaddy does it's thing.

Housekeeping

- I ask that everyone please read the cover e-mail the next day to get familiar with the process. Hell, I wouldn't read it either right when I get it, but please read it subsequently.
- I really need page #'s guys. If someone says I want the Bill Doak glove and there are four Doaks, then it makes it very difficult.
- In a perfect world, I would love one e-mail per glove. If you want five gloves, send me five e-mails. It's way easier to forward.
- Please reply to my BGC e-mail address. That's the Inbox I'm working. I didn't take my hands off the keyboard for over an hour and when I finally got caught up, I then toggled up through my Outlook to look at the AOL e-mails. Almost all of them were duplicates. No need to send them to both addresses.

Other than the hiccup for the few of you, it was a very successful list. The good thing this time is that I didn't get banned by all the ISP's because I broke up the e-mail into six e-mails of about 200 a piece, which apparently kept me off the radars, so that's good. That is definitely a win for future lists.

Thank you sellers. Looks like many of you did very well and that makes me happy!

JD
ebbets55

Postby ebbets55 » February 23rd, 2024, 2:15 am

Get 'em ready guys. Opening Day Sales List is right around the corner. They are already starting to come in. I'm really looking forward to this one.

JD
ebbets55

Previous

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion