Some really good people on this forum

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Some really good people on this forum

Postby okdoak » January 19th, 2013, 5:25 pm

Last month I sent a Macgregor Red Schoendienst glove that had special significance to the man who was looking for one. It was the same type that his son, who died serving our country in Vietnam, had grown up with. I get the feeling that many of us were looking through our gloves hoping that we had the model that Lester was looking for. The one I sent to him had been in a box in my closet for a good 10 years and eventually would have wound up on ebay. He paid me about what I had paid for the glove, but the good feeling I got from sending it to him was worth a lot more than the few dollars I may or may not have picked up from ebay. And the good feelings didn't end there. Kim V. sent me a pat on the back via email and last week I got another one from John H. along with $10 to enjoy the beverages of my choice :shock: Thanks for making my days, guys! And thanks again to everyone who posts about the gloves we collect. It would be nearly impossible to find information on many of our gloves without this forum and JD's site with his library of catalogs and glove galleries. Well, I better wrap this up before I call for a group hug :)
Good luck in the hunt!
okdoak
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: Some really good people on this forum

Postby deebro041 » January 19th, 2013, 6:26 pm

Well said Greg. I feel I am still rather new to this forum, but I find it comforting the warmth, respect and camaraderie that fellow members display on this forum towards each other!
Dan
deebro041

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion