Inside Out Fingerless Glove

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

What would you do?

Keep it as is, inside out
75%
Reverse it back to its original form
25%

Total votes : 8

Inside Out Fingerless Glove

Postby Mr. Mitt » November 19th, 2012, 3:51 pm

This Fingerless glove sold in Legendary back in 2005. Upon close inspection, recently, it's pretty clear that the glove was repurposed to fit a left hand by turning it inside out. The leather remains supple enough to change it back to its original orientation without fear of damage. If it were yours, would you keep it as is or reverse it back to the way it was originally manufactured? http://legendaryauctions.com/LotDetail. ... ryid=46351
Attachments
Jerry-040.tif-51340 low res.jpeg
Jerry-038.tif-51338 low res.jpeg
Mr. Mitt
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: Inside Out Fingerless Glove

Postby deebro041 » November 19th, 2012, 4:34 pm

I voted to keep it the way it is. I would be afraid to do any damage to it by reversing it. Was this common for players to do this figuring they could throw the ball better without a glove on?
Quite often you see some pics of players with fingerless gloves on both hands, would they have been sold as a pair?
Maybe players switching to one glove could split the costs with someone by reversing one to their correct hand.
Interesting find Mike!
Dan
deebro041

Postby ebbets55 » November 19th, 2012, 6:56 pm

I absolutely love the way it looks now, especially cuz it functions and looks like a righty but I would probably rather have it correct in the grand historical scheme of things. Flip it!

JD
ebbets55
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby briggs86 » November 27th, 2012, 3:26 pm

I vote to leave it alone! It is such an iconic and great piece of baseball history as it stands. I wouldn't want to ruin the integrity of the leather, regardless of how supple it is. There's always the what if when turning the glove inside out. How cool though that they were that easy to turn inside out for the opposite hand.

jared
briggs86
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion