M. Denkert & Co.

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Re: M. Denkert & Co.

Postby mikesglove » December 2nd, 2019, 12:24 am

atabats wrote:Here’s an informative article on the history of Denkert:

https://www.leaderherald.com/sports/loc ... t-company/

The same reporter did write-ups on J.A. Peach and Ken-Wel too (both good reads); covering the history of glove manufacturing in the Fulton County area of NY at the turn of the 20th century.

A side note; when I first started collecting, I thought Denkert was kind of a loser brand due to the plethora of beat-up ‘50s gloves I would regularly see up on eBay. I was wrong. They had some innovative designs and made quality gloves for years. I just kept seeing the stinkers for awhile. Also, I had no idea Bill Dickey and Red Ruffing actually used Denkert models during their playing careers. I won’t spoil the read for you though so I’ll shut up now.

Denkert made some inroads through the Yankee roster. Here's Tony Lazzeri with his signature model Denkert. Cool glove!

Here's Brandon & Aaron's Lazzeri Denkert. The value of the glove probably just increased several hundred dollars. lol
mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: M. Denkert & Co.

Postby mikesglove » February 17th, 2024, 4:29 pm

Below is a Denkert made glove for M.Sharf Co., a retailer in Boston. the glove has the 1926 Denkert patented back panel.
mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Previous

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion