Ambidextrous glove on eBay, then gone

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Ambidextrous glove on eBay, then gone

Postby cbrandis » May 3rd, 2022, 2:24 pm

There was an ambidextrous Ripon model glove for sale on eBay, with an asking price of $6K. It was up for a day then it went away saying glove no longer available.
Anyone know more about this? Did it sell at that price? There was no 'or best offer' so just curious.
And as you guys always know more than me, hoping to gain some insight into that sale.
many thanks in advance for any info.
cb
cbrandis
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: Ambidextrous glove on eBay, then gone

Postby ebbets55 » May 3rd, 2022, 4:45 pm

Hey Carmi, didn't even see it. That sounds a bit steep for a Ripon. All I know is that it still seems like there are way more buyers than sellers. Curious to hear more too.

JD
ebbets55
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby glovejunkie » May 3rd, 2022, 8:59 pm

I actually saw that one too…was curious because I own the same glove. It looked like the person picked it up off eBay originally on April 10th for $99 or best offer…then posted those pics for the $6k listing…a bit weird to say I paid $99 or less for this but asking $6k now. It was a good buy either way originally, and I never saw the original posting for $99 or I would have snagged it in heart beat to along with my other one. Lol
glovejunkie
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » May 6th, 2022, 6:36 am

I think those are fake auctions - there was a Ty Cobb Stall & Dean (along with other high dollar sports items) that kept popping up with the same pictures and a high price over the winter. Different seller each time. Usually eBay shuts them down within a few hours but if you go back to try and find it, they disappear from the listings.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby glovejunkie » May 8th, 2022, 8:27 am

That makes sense with the second posting…probably was a fraudulent one with the way the listing was put up and pics provided. Ebay probably pulled it almost immediately. The first time, it does look like one sold for a BIN or BO of $99 on April 10th. Not sure if that was real or not, but it is listed in sold items on eBay. Good buy for someone!! There still out there if your willing to hunt…good luck!!
glovejunkie
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion