2021 National Sports Collectors Convention - Chicago

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

2021 National Sports Collectors Convention - Chicago

Postby vintagebrett » May 29th, 2021, 3:39 pm

Been holding off on posting this for a bit just to make sure but it finally appears that the 2021 National in Chicago will be happening! I'm very excited for this show to happen. Yes, I have quite a bit of inventory I need to sell but my main excitement is seeing friends in person and talking gloves face to face. It's been a while and it's time to get back out there. The show will be at the Donald Stephens convention center from July 28th to August 1st. I'll be in the same spot as the last show and hope to see lots of glove lovers coming through. Mr. Glovecrazy will be there, hanging out in the booth and trying to either buy or sell something. Can't wait to see everyone!
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Re: 2021 National Sports Collectors Convention - Chicago

Postby TigerFan » June 22nd, 2021, 10:02 pm

Would anyone be interested in a glover get-together after the show one night (e.g., Thursday)?
TigerFan
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » June 28th, 2021, 2:29 pm

Always happy to get together with fellow collectors for some glove talk. Thursday night a few of us already have a reservation for Gibson's, which is right across the street from the convention center. If anyone else would like to join you are more than welcome - just let me know by July 15th so I can amend the reservation. The show is shaping up to be really fun - I've heard from quite a few people that will be attending. The pile of leather I'm bringing is looking pretty decent (and affordable!) and I know that GloveCrazy is bringing some doozies along with him. Should be a blast - if you are on the fence about going, GO!
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Sarge6 » July 7th, 2021, 7:32 am

It's definitely on my Freedom Summer hope-to list, esp. since it's just a hop, skip & a jump down the road (as Chicagoland commutes go).
"So. It seems like you're in trouble."
"Yes, Babe Ruth signed that ball."
"George signed this?"
"George Herman Ruth? Yes."
"I take it back. You're not in trouble, you're dead where you stand."
Sarge6
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » July 24th, 2021, 7:30 pm

Car is packed and ready to go. I'm really looking forward to the show and hope to see a bunch of people there. Inventory says I have 99 gloves and my booth mates will have some as well so there should be plenty of great leather to go around. Stop in and say hi if you are going - booth 613. I'll try to post some updates if time allows.

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 7.26.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 7.26.57 PM.png
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion