Nice Pick Ups

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Nice Pick Ups

Postby vintagebrett » October 21st, 2006, 4:44 pm

Went to an auction today and had a little bit of luck. Before the auction, I stopped at an antique store and picked up the Dubow glove you see on the left. Had never seen the black/silver tag on a Dubow glove so I bought it - not a super deal but decent none the less. Got to the auction and had to wait a couple hours until they auctioned off the box I wanted - there were two really nice pieces - the Stall and Dean buckle back you see as well as the mask. The mask is really cool - the picture doesn't do it justice - it's a spider style spitter with the visor. Visor has the D&M Lucky Dog stamping and is endorsed by Harry Goudy - can't find anything about him now, will have to do some deeper research. There was a decent Spalding PM Jim Northrup glove as well that I need to do some work on. Whole box cost me $2.50! 8)

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby glove-works » October 21st, 2006, 5:07 pm

Nice work Brett.....Did the $2.50 include the buyers premium :lol: ....that is one crazy deal....Good4U man. :wink:
Glove-Works
Home of "the Works"
Glove Repair/Restoration & Sales
www.glove-works.com
glove-works
Gold Glove Poster

Got away with it

Postby softball66 » October 21st, 2006, 9:56 pm

Brett, the glove police are putting out an APB on you. Very close to steals. However, you know, it's perseverance, a clever eye and timing...right?
I'm proud of ya!
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » October 22nd, 2006, 6:57 am

I didn't mention that I missed out on a black full web stall and dean glove in the same auction. The put it with some farm tool and the other guy I was bidding against really wanted the tool. I talked to him afterwards and he said he has a lot of gloves at his house so I gave him my info - hopefully he'll give me a call. I was very happy with my buy - I had seen a lot of people looking at the gloves during the auction but none one bid on them when they came up.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby vintagebrett » October 22nd, 2006, 2:05 pm

A lot of interest in the mask so here are some better pictures:
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures