Glove cleaning

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Glove cleaning

Postby burker72 » August 29th, 2006, 11:33 pm

Permatex orange, which was recommended on another section of the forum, has worked wonders on this Hutch brand Augie Galan model. I never could get out the black grime with much success, this is the best I've seen. Still have plenty of touching up to do but it has come a long way quickly...Thanks for the advice.

[/img]
burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » August 30th, 2006, 8:34 am

Yes, it does do a good job of getting the grime off. I have before and after pictures that I need to post.

I was cleaning a couple of gloves during my lunch break the other day and one of my co-workers, who works on cars as a hobby, said that is what he uses to get the grime off as well. I thought that was pretty funny.

On a side note, when I placed an order for the Permatex Fast Orange the other day I received note saying that Permatex was discontinuing this line! :cry: The representative I was in contact with said they had something very similar so I will be testing it out - it seemed to have all the same components as the Fast Orange, just a different container.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby MVALZ » September 1st, 2006, 5:48 pm

WOW! Great pics...I'm headin' down to Lowe's before its gone!! :?
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby glove-works » September 1st, 2006, 6:46 pm

Last edited by glove-works on September 1st, 2006, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glove-works
Gold Glove Poster

Postby drasher81 » September 1st, 2006, 7:09 pm

Looks good but I try to stay more on the safe side with my cleaning. I stick to fiebings saddle soap, and then lexol. Sometimes I will use some vasaline but not that often.
drasher81

Postby vintagebrett » September 2nd, 2006, 9:13 am

The Permatex Fast Orange has lanolin in which is why I use it. There are other orange products on the market that don't have lanolin. Either way, I always follow up my cleaning with a nice coat of lanolin to keep the glove supple.

I received the other Fast Orange product yesterday. It has the esame exact contents but they just changed the bottle and the number.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures