First Vintage Glove (Wilson A2910)

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

First Vintage Glove (Wilson A2910)

Postby David the Gnome » July 23rd, 2014, 10:03 am

I picked this glove up with a plan to clean it up, relace it, and use it for playing some catch. It's a Wilson A2910 Del Ennis model. I figure it's not worth much as a collector with all the ink stains and writing all over it, even with the Wilson patch in good condition. Baseball gloves were meant to be played with so I'm going to give Andy's glove a new lease on life.

This is as I found it before any cleaning or relacing.

Also, if anyone knows where I can find some nice dark brown lace I would appreciate it. The closest I've seen is the tobacco colored lace from Glovesmith.

http://www.usasportsdirect.com/Baseball ... e_Kit.html
David the Gnome
Rookie Glove Poster

Re: First Vintage Glove (Wilson A2910)

Postby vintagebrett » July 25th, 2014, 3:06 pm

The Del Ennis model is a well made and constructed glove - I've had few over the years and they had a nice feel to them. Triple C leather has darker lacing that I've used.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby BretMan » July 27th, 2014, 6:28 pm

Triple C is good stuff. It's been a few years since I dealt with them. Back then, they had minimum order requirements of 50 or 100 laces (can't remember which). Anyone know if they have the same minimums today?

There's a guy on eBay, username Wood N Stuff, who sells lace. He has lots of colors and even has some thinner lacing that he calls "vintage" lace.
Click to Visit >> The Glove Shop On-Line
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby Kenny Wel » July 30th, 2014, 4:01 pm

The way "Andy" is written on the glove reminds me of how Woody in Toy Story was branded with the same name on the sole of his boot!

Ken
Kenny Wel
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures