Need Help Identifying this Glove Please

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Need Help Identifying this Glove Please

Postby Grizzo » August 29th, 2013, 2:18 pm

I'm new to the board. I bought this glove locally here in KC. There is stamping in the palm but I can't read it. There is a picture of the button too, but there doesn't appear to be any tags for brand names on the wrist strap etc. I've search the net for a while and was hoping you guys/gals could help. Also I think its a 1920's time period glove, correct?
Attachments
Glove Reduced.jpg
Glove 3 Reduced.jpg
Glove 2 Reduced.jpg
Grizzo
Rookie Glove Poster

Re: Need Help Identifying this Glove Please

Postby Grizzo » August 29th, 2013, 2:49 pm

Okay looking through other Threads I found this picture (thanks to mikesgloves Post on June 18th) I think this is my glove. There appears to be no distictive marking on the buttons. Simlar stitching. I can make out Genuine Horsehide, but barely on the palm on my glove. Appears to have been made in Grinnell, IA by Morrison-Ricker Mfg as well.
Attachments
OGF Pic 2.jpg
OGF Pic 2.jpg (33.61 KiB) Viewed 6847 times
Test Glove.jpg
Test Glove.jpg (38.73 KiB) Viewed 6847 times
Grizzo
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Grizzo » August 29th, 2013, 2:51 pm

I guess the thumb stitching on my isn't as deep into the palm of the glove. Mine does not have a patch on the wrist strap similar to mikesgloves. Mine has two spaces for the button to fit into similar to mikesgloves also. I think I'm close, maybe not.
Grizzo
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby softball66 » September 7th, 2013, 10:37 pm

Your's appears to be a well-made, perhaps horsehide leather of late teens, early '20s era. Your thumb sewing appears to be higher than your sample shown. Your button is a generic button used on a variety of gloves through that era and later. So, it won't be of much identification help. I do like the quality. leather look and sturdiness of your glove. Nice addition and probably one you could play some "old time" catch with if you wanted to.
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures