Need help with Rawlings 1 inch web glove

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Need help with Rawlings 1 inch web glove

Postby rabbitrun » June 20th, 2012, 2:19 pm


I just picked this adoult size Rawlings glove up for my collection and was hoping somebody could give me some info on it, I would like to know what year it was made and what does the initials MF mean under the Rawlings name. The initials appear to have been put on at the factory. The glove is just in incredible condition with just signs of very light wear. Also what would you think the value of this glove is. Any help would be appreciated.
Rookie Glove Poster
Posts: 7
Joined: June 27th, 2010, 6:53 pm

Re: Need help with Rawlings 1 inch web glove

Postby vintagebrett » June 20th, 2012, 3:11 pm

Nice looking glove! It appears to be late teens, maybe early 20's. I'm guessing the WH stands for Willow Horsehide but I'm not positive on that. Great find!
User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 3091
Joined: April 17th, 2006, 3:57 pm
Location: East Granby, CT

Re: Need help with Rawlings 1 inch web glove

Postby ebbets55 » June 20th, 2012, 7:47 pm

Great looking 1" web. The MF under Rawlings stands for Manufacturer or Manufacturing. The WF is just the model number. Good guess though Brett. Could stand for Willow Horsehide.

User avatar
Hall of Famer Glove Poster
Posts: 808
Joined: August 8th, 2006, 5:14 pm
Location: So-Cal

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests