Brimfield May 2012

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Brimfield May 2012

Postby vintagebrett » May 8th, 2012, 7:53 pm

One of my favorite times of the year is here - the May Brimfield Antiques show. Did a lot of walking on the first day today and didn't find too much. There were some nice things I was unable to buy, including a gorgeous D&M catchers mitt, but I"m confident that will be on eBay shortly. Selling was better than I expected and I was happy to come home with more money in my pocket than I started. Three more days of shopping so there are still plenty of opportunities to come home with something special. Had a great time chatting with other hobbyists throughout the day. I'll snap a picture of my weeks haul on Friday and post it.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Re: Brimfield May 2012

Postby vintagebrett » May 9th, 2012, 4:23 pm

All day 2 was good for was exercise, a delicious whoopie pie and a nice 1890's Middlebury College team photo with fingerless and tipped gloves. Would have rather found the gloves. :lol:
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby murphusa » May 9th, 2012, 4:45 pm

Is it just nothing to buy, prices too high, or competition is tough
Hell Bent for Leather
murphusa
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby Number9 » May 9th, 2012, 6:33 pm

I only went on Tuesday and I found the prices to be reasonable pretty much everywhere. When it wasn't raining it was threatening to. With bad weather on the forefront of everyone's mind, I found the dealers were definitely negotiating. Competition was no greater than usual but selection was definitely pretty low. Brett and I were both hoping to find a large amount of gloves, but it didn't pan out. I only got two nice gloves (passed on probably 15-20 that weren't anything special, and countless junkers), a baseball and some other display pieces. I'm happy with my day at Brimfield. Hope to make it back out again later in the week.
Huntington Base Ball Co.
www.HuntingtonBaseBallCo.com
Number9
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » May 9th, 2012, 8:09 pm

murphusa wrote:Is it just nothing to buy, prices too high, or competition is tough

A little from column A, and a little from column C - competition is the high but you know everyone and they all know you

I'm happy with the prices I paid for the items I bought - no steals but enough meat left on the bone. There were some nice figurals out on Tuesday - one was 8500 but pretty cool. The only super nice glove I saw was the D&M mitt I mentioned yesterday. I did not hear of any other glove finds from the other people shopping the show. Interesting things usually pop out on the Thursday show - I picked a nice crescent mitt there last year.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby vintagebrett » May 10th, 2012, 7:30 pm

No gloves out there today at all - quite disappointing. Did pick up a few baseballs and pennants but I want me some gloves!!!!
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby vintagebrett » May 13th, 2012, 12:00 pm

Didn't pick much up on Friday either. Over the course of the week I picked up a decent amount of items for reasonable prices, but no steals and nothing extraordinary. The weather put a damper on things the first 3 days but there were still lots of shoppers looking for the items they like. The crowd on Friday was huge and the Saturday crowd was large as well. I enjoyed running into some fellow forum members over the week and getting to meet some new people as well. The funny thing about Brimfield is that you never know what's going to be out there - sometimes it's sparse (like this week) and sometimes it is quite bountiful - you just need to keep going back.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-05-13 at 11.56.16 AM.png
Screen Shot 2012-05-13 at 11.56.16 AM.png (209.53 KiB) Viewed 8050 times
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby hawkeye5 » May 31st, 2012, 10:26 pm

vintagebrett wrote:All day 2 was good for was exercise, a delicious whoopie pie and a nice 1890's Middlebury College team photo with fingerless and tipped gloves. Would have rather found the gloves. :lol:

Hi Brett,

This is Pat Armstrong and I found a pre 1890s large baseball team photo and I was hoping maybe you or someone else out there maybe able to help me with it. Please email me at: hawkeye5@lisco.com and I'll send you back some pictures of it for you to view. I have researched it for many hours and have had no luck period!

Thanks,
Pat
Pat Armstrong
hawkeye5
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures