'40's Spalding 145L

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

'40's Spalding 145L

Postby Mike**Mize » April 12th, 2012, 11:32 am

Not exactly rare; but well worth having. I just got this one in and after cleaning it I wanted to show it to other glovers. I've got a 165 but not a 145L before this. Same thing applies as with the 165. Since it's top-of-the-line, clearly some extra care has been used to put it together. The lining alone is amazing; just the right weight, great leather.
In that this was an ebay find, I would usually put it over in "Glove of the Month" land. I must have done that 50+ times over the years. However it seems that this might be a better spot for it this month, at least. Last thing I want to do is ruffle any feathers. Still cold here in NYC. I'm told it's gonna warm up this weekend. All the flowers are up, just the same. Happy Spring everybody! :D
Attachments
Spalding 145L.jpg
Spalding 145L back.jpg
Mike**Mize
Gold Glove Poster

Re: '40's Spalding 145L

Postby mikesglove » April 12th, 2012, 1:39 pm

I saw the pics of the glove after it closed on ebay. Great glove for $26. The ebay pics were pretty decent but it still flew under the radar. I like finding gems like that. You did a nice job of cleaning it up.
mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: '40's Spalding 145L

Postby Mike**Mize » April 12th, 2012, 1:53 pm

Thanks. It was an absolute pleasure to work on. All the seams were built to last and the leather is great inside and out. I'm thinking it's possibly a war years glove in that it has a blank button. Not sure about that.
Mike**Mize
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures