Great New Glove/Equipment book from Dugout Treasures

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Great New Glove/Equipment book from Dugout Treasures

Postby vintagebrett » March 14th, 2012, 7:57 pm

Our friends over at Dugout Treasures have created another must have book for the glove/equipment collecting community. I had a chance to preview this splendid book and I highly suggest you head over to the website and order a book right away - you won't be disappointed. The photography of the items is stunning and you'll have fun just flipping through the pages, marveling at the wonderous treasures that are pictured. Luckily the pages are glossy so you won't do too much damage drooling! After you've had a chance to digest the pictures it's time to dive in and read the stories that accompany them. To me, this is what sets this book apart from others. Anyone who goes out to their favorite antique shows, flea markets, tag sales, local auctions ,etc. will instantly form a bond with the author and his family - the quest for the items is on par with the items themselves. Reading about the journey and search will bring back memories of your own finds and discoveries. Not only is the book about amazing discoveries and great relics, it's about a family spending quality time together doing something they love. Having grown up going to shows with my grandparents and parents, I can certainly relate to the anecdotes and family bonds in this book. I only hope my sons have the same passion for this hobby when they get older!

The site will be active on Thursday, March 15th - check it out tomorrow morning! Http://www.dugouttreasures.com/book.cfm and order yourself a copy - I believe you can start ordering on Thursday! We hope to have some copies in the booth at the National this summer so that you can purchase a third or fourth copy for friends! :)
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Re: Great New Glove/Equipment book from Dugout Treasures

Postby Mr. Mitt » March 14th, 2012, 8:24 pm

Everytime I’ve sat down and tried to read my preview copy, my eyes gravitated from the text to the photography, it’s that stunning! Jonathan has taken the concept of a memorabilia book one step further than we’ve come to expect. The photos, the layout, the concept… simply spectacular! Very, very well done and a must have.
Mr. Mitt
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby ebbets55 » March 15th, 2012, 1:28 am

Finally, something to blog about.

JD

http://www.baseballglovecollector.com/1/jims-blog/
ebbets55

Postby stockbuddy » March 17th, 2012, 3:00 pm

Hi Jonathon and guys,

Congrats on your new book!! Just took note of JD's blog site on your new glove and equipment book. Looks to be a very cool book and the photo's on JD's blog site are super!! I know it has been a lot of work but I am sure you have enjoyed the process too. Congrats on your book Jonathon and if you care to do a glove book swap, from one author to the another, feel free to drop me a note at cunn3@frontier.com. We can arrange mailing info. if you care to do so.

Best Wishes and success.

Dave Cunningham
stockbuddy

Postby Number9 » March 19th, 2012, 7:12 pm

I received my copy today and I must say, from top to bottom, this is a really well executed book. The stories are inspiring, the photos are amazing, the depth of the collection is superb.... this definitely falls into the can't miss category. Pick up a copy today, you will not regret this purchase.

Well done, Jonathan!
Huntington Base Ball Co.
www.HuntingtonBaseBallCo.com
Number9

Postby jpop43 » March 21st, 2012, 10:00 pm

Just wanted to share a bit of exciting and satisfying news with you all regarding the book. We found out earlier today that the Library Accessions Committee at the National Baseball Hall of Fame unanimously voted to accept our book, Dugout Treasures, Memorabilia and Memories, into their permanent collection. It’s nice to think that years from now someone interested in doing some research on vintage baseball equipment may come across our work in the Hall’s library and use it to further their knowledge of the hobby and this particular area of interest.

Anyway, we want to extend our appreciation to all those who have supported the book to date and look forward to hearing from more of you in the near future. For those that have received copies, please feel free to let us know what you think.

Many Thanks,

The Popovich Family
http://www.dugouttreasures.com/book.cfm
jpop43
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby murphusa » March 25th, 2012, 3:19 pm

For years, I would stop by once in a while to the Dugout Treasures site to see what the boys had picked up since my last visit. As I have been buying and selling baseball equipment for many years there were days when I would find an old lost friend as one of their new additions.
About a week ago, I received a copy of the new baseball equipment book from Jon, it is truly a history of his families time together and their love for the articles of a game from the professional side to a young boys dream of one day reaching those heights.
Search out this book as it is an American story of family and how a simple thing like Baseball keeps them in constant harmony
Hell Bent for Leather
murphusa

Postby cbrandis » March 26th, 2012, 3:21 pm

just love the pics and the stories with them. Great angle to take for the book.
Very well done and congrats to the entire family for this project.
cb
cbrandis
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby deebro041 » March 26th, 2012, 4:09 pm

I received my copy today! This truly is a great book, pictures and stories! It is so much fun to read the details of how the items were acquired. I can relate to the stories as it is a weekly summer ritual in my family. I came to a realization that i should "treasure" these rituals a lot more than i do due to reading Jonathan's stories. I would like to thank Jonathan for compiling not only a great collection to share, but also the great moments of family time that can be taken for granted.
Dan
deebro041

Postby stockbuddy » March 26th, 2012, 6:49 pm

Hi Guys,

I got jonathan's book today as we did a book swap. Great job Jonathan! I like your personal touch you added throughout the book. Scott did a super nice job with the photos throughout your book too. You and your family have accumulated a lot of equipment over the years but more importantly a lot of good memories. Very neat and thanks for sharing in our hobby.

Dave
stockbuddy

Postby lefty147 » March 30th, 2012, 8:01 am

I too enjoyed this great book. The pictures are stunning. The stories of how pieces were acquired are great as well. Great job !!! Mike
lefty147
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby BigD-Moonlight » April 5th, 2012, 4:27 pm

I just received the Dugout Treasures book last night, WOW!! I really love the pictures, layout, quality and of course the fantastic content of the baseball memorabilia collection. I have been a fan of the Dugout Treasures website for years and the book represents a very nice extension.

CONGRATULATIONS Jonathan and the Popovich family! This book is a treasure collection of baseball gloves and other great baseball stuff. Buying a copy should be on all collectors "to do" list.
BigD-Moonlight
BigD-Moonlight
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: Great New Glove/Equipment book-"Dougout Treasures"

Postby John Marden » April 20th, 2012, 10:50 am

The book "Dougout Trasures" has a unique and entertaining approach to our hobby.
Not only is it a complete visual experience but, it enables you to reflect on what each one of us endured while collecting.
Thanks to the Popovich family.
JM
John Marden
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Mr. Mitt » April 20th, 2012, 12:20 pm

Jack! Welcome! Please hang around and contribute, we'll all benefit from your experience and insight.
Mr. Mitt

Postby murphusa » April 20th, 2012, 12:33 pm

I second that
Hell Bent for Leather
murphusa

Next

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion