Ken Wel gloves

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Re: Ken Wel gloves

Postby vintagebrett » March 19th, 2012, 3:01 pm

Rob, on your Vance Super Special model, is it relaced? Is there one lace for the fingers and one for the web or is it all one piece? Thanks.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby cbrandis » March 19th, 2012, 3:35 pm

another ken wel (sewell)
Attachments
IMG_1768.JPG
cbrandis
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby GloveCrazy » March 19th, 2012, 9:58 pm

Nice c-mitt Carmi.

Brett, I didn't relace it and don't know if it was ever relaced, but it does have a separate knott where the bottom of the web was individually laced. If I were to relace it I'd use one lace for the fingers and web, starting from the ring finger though the top web, going all the way down to the bottom web, zig-zagging my way back up through the web, and ending at the end of the middle finger.
Trade with Rob
GloveCrazy
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby mikesglove » March 20th, 2012, 12:33 am

That is a real nice Sewell mitt and box. They both look to be in great shape. I like the graphics on the box
mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » March 20th, 2012, 7:53 am

GloveCrazy wrote:Nice c-mitt Carmi.

Brett, I didn't relace it and don't know if it was ever relaced, but it does have a separate knott where the bottom of the web was individually laced. If I were to relace it I'd use one lace for the fingers and web, starting from the ring finger though the top web, going all the way down to the bottom web, zig-zagging my way back up through the web, and ending at the end of the middle finger.

Thanks rob - it looked like one lace could be used so that's what I'm going to do. 8)
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures