New Sonnett 1B Mitt Additions

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

New Sonnett 1B Mitt Additions

Postby vintagebrett » June 26th, 2007, 2:45 pm

Here are my two newest Sonnett/OK mitts (you guys are probably bored with these posts by now!)

First we have a large softball model made by Sonnett model SBM - all leather bound, large and super soft!

Second we have a Frank McCormick "The Lock" model by the OK MFG Co.
Image[/img]
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby burker72 » June 27th, 2007, 7:00 am

Brett,

A couple of interesting gloves there for sure. Is there a particular Sonnett 1B glove that is considered their top of the line model. I ask because I seem to recall the Norm Cash model being mentioned somewhere as a real classic, but I'm not sure I've seen one. If you have a pic, maybe you could post.
burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » June 27th, 2007, 9:28 am

I don't have that Norm Cash glove you are referring to - there was one on eBay a couple months ago but I was outbid.

As for top of the line, there was a Lightning model post 1963 that would have been the cream of the crop. In the 1960 catalog I have, the top of the line is a Gil Hodges and a Play Supreme. I almost had a Play Supreme but was outbid by be.ye.perfect or true.believer or t.l.porter or whatever his name was that week. I have a nice Willie McCovey from later in the 60's that is pretty high quality. I don't have too many Sonnett/OK 1B mitts because I don't see too many of them and the ones I do are the cheaper models.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures