Visit with Moonlight Graham, Sens, France

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

Visit with Moonlight Graham, Sens, France

Postby robin_buckeye » June 22nd, 2010, 1:32 pm

Some of you may remember the American Baseball Missionary Society Mission to France!
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=942&p=3687
Well, this led to Laurent and I proposing a youth baseball player exchange and it happened last week. Several players from Davis LL visited Sens, France met and played baseball with Laurent's teams - the Dodgers and Samurai.
I should have said something on this forum sooner, but if you are interested, my son and I created a blog to record our adventures.
http://notixar.wordpress.com/
If you follow this link, you will find that you can click through from day to day, from my reports to James’ (link near bottom right) as our journey continued.
Best,
Tom
Last edited by robin_buckeye on June 26th, 2010, 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
robin_buckeye
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: Visit with Moonlight Graham, Sens, France

Postby softball66 » June 22nd, 2010, 4:16 pm

Laurent's a super guy and absolutely HOOKED on the game and gloves. Thanks for posting!
JP-TGC
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » June 22nd, 2010, 5:50 pm

That is great! Thanks for sharing and I look forward to reading about the trip. Sounds like a great experience for the kids and adults!
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby candlestick » June 25th, 2010, 12:47 pm

hey that looks like it was a great time. what a way to introduce kids to a foreign country by showing commonalities among people. if this continues please keep us posted. i have two of my own who would love to play overseas - assuming i could afford it. but help comes from all sorts of directions when an opportunity like this presents itself.
candlestick
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool