March 2010 Additions

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

March 2010 Additions

Postby vintagebrett » March 26th, 2010, 12:52 pm

Don't expect to get anything else this month so I thought I'd share:

Sonnett model BR539 Ed Bressoud glove. These late model Sonnett gloves are hard to come by so I was happy to see this spring up on eBay and even happier that no one else bid except me. It was a little dried out when it arrived but took to the conditioner nicely and now looks fantastic.

Wilson model 2050 Top Notch split finger. Been looking for one with this tag for a while and was happy to get it at a good price - I think the top line 40's gloves are often ignored and undervalued.

Brine "Checker" model 190 split finger glove - my plea last month was heard and I was able to arrange a trade. Hooray - another nice New England glove makes it's way home. :)

OK MFG Co. model 12B basketball and box - I've been looking for an OK basketball for the longest time and was super thrilled to see this pop up. I paid a little more than I wanted to but hey, you don't come across them everyday.

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Re: March 2010 Additions

Postby okdoak » March 28th, 2010, 1:24 pm

For whatever reasons, there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in the 1940s gloves in general. It seems that they only do well if they are in exceptional condition or have say a DiMaggio or Williams endorsement. That's a shame because the leather is incredible on many of them, really soft and supple. They are really fun to play catch with, too. For those of us who do like them, there are some real bargains to be had. Very cool patch and stampings on your Brine/Checker, Brett!
okdoak
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: March 2010 Additions

Postby MGHProductions » March 28th, 2010, 8:59 pm

Brett..
Great stuff. The basketball is awesome!
Matt
MGHProductions
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures