Wilson Pro Stock Glove Conditioner

Please share your knowledge on how to keep your vintage gloves in great shape and looking sharp.

Wilson Pro Stock Glove Conditioner

Postby V-Anchored » April 17th, 2007, 8:28 pm

Has anyone tried Wilson Pro Stock Glove Conditioner? I went to Wal-Mart today to see if they had any Dr. Glove and all they had was the above mentioned Wilson. The bottle says it contains lanolin and vitamin E. Supposed to clean, soften and condition.
V-Anchored
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Bleacher Bum » April 17th, 2007, 11:00 pm

I have used it based on a recommendation from Glove-works. It is very light and seems to do a nice job of softening up the leather. I will continue to use it among other products such as Fast Orange and pure lanolin.
Bleacher Bum
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby V-Anchored » April 17th, 2007, 11:23 pm

Thanks Bleacher Bum for your comments. I shall give it a try.
V-Anchored
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » April 18th, 2007, 10:11 am

I've used it and generally liked it. Rawlings makes a similar product. The only reason I don't use it more is the price. The amount in the container didn't last too long and I use lots of glove conditioner! But as far as the results, no complaints.

One thing I wondered about this product: Lanolin, I can understand. But vitamin E? What's up with that? Are you trying to enhance your glove's sex life?
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby Number9 » April 18th, 2007, 4:22 pm

Maybe it's not just for use on gloves.....
Number9
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Wilson Pro Stock

Postby Bravosin99 » July 12th, 2007, 1:55 pm

Dad and I use Pro Stock on all our gloves, and it has done wonders for many of them. Although some may not like the product because it tends to darken the leather a lot if the glove was originally very dry. I do agree with the other forum members that is it pretty expensive and you don't get a lot for the price, but if you can get it for a decent price I believe it is a good product to use to bring oldies back to life!! -Josh
Bravosin99
Gold Glove Poster

Re: Wilson Pro Stock Glove Conditioner

Postby madhatter » December 15th, 2011, 10:11 am

The lanolin in the product is good but the vit E is not doing much for the leather because it is made from a vegetable source, not an animal source. It would be of more use to live skin like it is used in human skin conditioners rather than a dead tanned skin as leather is. The Animal based oils are much more effective to leather. The vit is just sort of neutral while petroleum based oil used in most all cheaper leather conditioning products is actually damaging to leather.
madhatter
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Glove Conditioning and Restoration