Chicago SportsFest

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Chicago SportsFest

Postby vintagebrett » June 9th, 2006, 6:45 pm

This morning I attended the Chicago SportsFest show at the Rosemont Convention Center. I was disappointed in the number of dealers, especially dealers with equipment. Luckily I was able to pick up a couple decent gloves including a Rawlings Johnny Groh personal model, a nice Wilson Early Wynn and a Brooks Robinson Rawlings KM10. Got a decent early Spalding bat measuring 35 inches in length. There weren't many other gloves. One guy had a Wilson Ted Williams split finger - it was a midlevel glove in decent shape and he wanted 300 bucks for it! I'll be heading to Cleveland for the International show next Thursday. I'm hoping for better stuff to look at.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby BretMan » June 9th, 2006, 10:04 pm

Thanks for the heads-up on the Cleveland show. That's just about 2 hours north of me (I'm in Columbus). With any luck I might make it up there.

I wonder if the Indians are in town next weekend? :D
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » June 11th, 2006, 8:48 am

Here is some information on the International. I'm hoping that it is a worthwhile drive but you never know.

http://www.natlconv.com/
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures