Upcoming Rawlings PROAR13

This is an archive section - it is read only

Upcoming Rawlings PROAR13

Postby Hrking4675 » November 23rd, 2008, 8:32 am

Ok so maybe it's just me, but I am like 90% that I think I'm right on this.
Anyway, we all know about the PROAR13 that just went for sale last night. Now there is another up for sale. If you notice on these, they only have the mesh on the fingers, unlike A-Rod's real gamer that has 100% mesh back on everything. Also, the glove has the new circle Philippines stamp as opposed to the little white tag. All of the Rawlings I have received from the "PRO" shop since they started with the new stamp in May/June have not come with that. I'm betting that these might be some early runs of new stuff like the Mesh back's with the Oxblood and the one all black mesh NP2. The fact that the model was changed from RV23 to AR13 leads me to believe this has something to do with marketing for Rawlings. Honestly, how many pro's use the RV23 to begin with? 2. Arod and Joe Crede. There was no reason to change the model number if they werent going to mass market it. Anyway, that's my two cents.
Hrking4675
Gold Glove Poster

Postby yankees23 » November 23rd, 2008, 9:16 am

I tend to agree with you Hrking4675 if you look at your Arod glove you are selling the model number is the PRORV23. I think all they did was update the PRORV23 with the mesh back and the new thicker post which I really like and rename it the PROAR13. I want that new PROAR13 but I am having a problem paying pro preferred money for a HOH glove with even less leather. I wish that they made the same glove in all leather. Eventually I will probally break down and get one.
yankees23
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Hrking4675 » November 23rd, 2008, 11:26 am

But see the one BillyFitz13 (great seller btw) has up, it has a generic Rawlings on the thumb. I just have a hard time believing this one is a 'Pro Issue' for those reasons. I don't see why a Rawlings distributor (who in the past has gotten really nice pro issues) would have such a unique one with really stock stampings. What is keeping me from saying is completely not a pro issue is the lack of the A-Rod logo in the palm. At that point, I would be sold and say look at the Jeter turn 2 and now this. If only 2 pro's use the RV, there has to be some other motive to switching the name. Rawlings NEVER changes model number names unless they plan on dishing it out to the public. Think of the boom when the first PRODJ2 came out or even way back with the Griffey, Gwynn, and Bernie Williams Revolution's came out. I have a feeling come February this one will be in all the magazines and websites. I guess we will wait and see.
Hrking4675
Gold Glove Poster

Re: Upcoming Rawlings PROAR13

Postby Brotherray » November 23rd, 2008, 2:37 pm

Hrking4675 wrote:Ok so maybe it's just me, but I am like 90% that I think I'm right on this.
Anyway, we all know about the PROAR13 that just went for sale last night. Now there is another up for sale. If you notice on these, they only have the mesh on the fingers, unlike A-Rod's real gamer that has 100% mesh back on everything. Also, the glove has the new circle Philippines stamp as opposed to the little white tag. All of the Rawlings I have received from the "PRO" shop since they started with the new stamp in May/June have not come with that. I'm betting that these might be some early runs of new stuff like the Mesh back's with the Oxblood and the one all black mesh NP2. The fact that the model was changed from RV23 to AR13 leads me to believe this has something to do with marketing for Rawlings. Honestly, how many pro's use the RV23 to begin with? 2. Arod and Joe Crede. There was no reason to change the model number if they werent going to mass market it. Anyway, that's my two cents.

I agree 100%. My first impression was that this is going to be a mass production run as well. This is going to be a very popular glove - I can't wait to get my hands on one.
Brotherray
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby spedrunr » November 23rd, 2008, 4:52 pm

i'm hoping to get one used on ebay someday for like $99 :roll:
spedrunr
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information