Glove Stuff from the sandalady

Please share your knowledge on how to keep your vintage gloves in great shape and looking sharp.

Glove Stuff from the sandalady

Postby rmiller » August 6th, 2008, 9:44 am

Any of you guys ever use "Glove Stuff" from the Sandalady? I'd love to know what you thought of it. Is this something she developed?

http://www.sandalady.com/
Give us the gate key. I have no gate key.
Fezzik, tear his arms off. Oh, you mean this gate key!
rmiller
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Cusser » August 6th, 2008, 2:42 pm

Can she provide MSDS sheet for the stuff (needs to have one available, by U.S. regulations)?

My only "contact" with the Sandalady was a few years ago, and I asked about repairing my old TG-12 (I didn't know about this board, or Kenny Jenkins at that time). She quoted about $150, but said it would take over six months, so I thanked her and did nothing. I just thought that was an awfully long time to take to repair it.

2008, Kenny Jenkins did its full fix for me, in under a week.
Cusser
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: Glove Stuff from the sandalady

Postby glovemedic » August 6th, 2008, 5:11 pm

rmiller wrote:Any of you guys ever use "Glove Stuff" from the Sandalady? I'd love to know what you thought of it. Is this something she developed?

http://www.sandalady.com/

I used it back in my early glove experimentation period. It seemed like a nice mix between glovolium (petrolium distilate) with some lanolin thrown in. Not bad stuff, but I have since switched to the Lexol products and back them 100%.
Chuck Faulkner
The Glove Medic
Tazewell, TN 37879

http://www.glovemedic.com
glovemedic
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby ebbets55 » August 7th, 2008, 1:40 am

I spoke with Fran years ago. Very nice lady. Haven't had any contact since. I did purchase Glove Stuff and liked it alright. It just seemed like lanolin to me.

I have tried almost every product on the market over the years and still prefer a light coat of vaseline over any other product for the final touch on a vintage glove. It also holds up well after many years. There's nothing wrong with Lexol either. It's just a personal preference after using all three for years. I prefer the feel of vaseline to Lexol and Lanolin after it has soaked in a couple of days and has that ever so slightly tacky feel. I also understand no one would condition a new glove with it and I would agree. If I need to totally bring life back into old dry leather, I would use Dr. Jacksons and would consider a lanolin-based product for heavy condtioning.

JD
ebbets55
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: Glove Stuff from the sandalady

Postby duane v » February 3rd, 2012, 2:12 am

Fran, in my experience is the best in the business at major glove repairs.....

That nice lady should consider making her own line of gloves.... Her leather stitching is way better than anything that's coming out of the Rawlings or Wilson glove factories these days..... Friggin amazing 8)
duane v
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Glove Conditioning and Restoration