Rawlings LG30 Lacing Pattern

Please share your knowledge on how to keep your vintage gloves in great shape and looking sharp.

Rawlings LG30 Lacing Pattern

Postby Bill247 » January 12th, 2012, 8:22 pm

Does anyone have a lacing pattern or ideas for this glove? Is it one piece for the web and the fingers? Each of the fingers except the pinky has four holes which could mean the one piece of lace goes up through the web, out through the fingers, around the pinky, back through the fingers, through the web around the thumb,and back down through the web, to tie off at the bottom of the web. I've tried this route and always come up with one hole too many or one too few at the finger -web interface. (Can a glove from the 60's even have an interface??). Or does it mean that a previous owner punched extra holes in the fingers and relaced it incorrectly? Maybe lace the fingers from the pinky, through the fingers, through the web and tie off at the thumb? The glove is OK but it has a Dick Groat endorsement to go along with the other Blue Devil pieces. I looked for pictures in JD's gallery without success. Thanks in advance for any help.
Bill247
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: Rawlings LG30 Lacing Pattern

Postby BretMan » January 12th, 2012, 11:07 pm

I searched the web and found one picture of an LG30. It was right here on this forum! Forum member MVLAZ posted a shot of one a few years ago, in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1186&start=15

So tantalizingly close...it's just a front shot. A view of the back would probably help. I have a pretty good idea what it would take to lace this one, but would love to see the backside. I'm guessing that the lace through the fingers just go through the top of the web- one end straight through and the other end making the spiral. Then the two loose ends tie on the back of the thumb. The lace for the web is most likely a separate lace, or maybe two separate laces, one in the middle section and one at the bottom.

Maybe you could contact MVALZ and see if he still has that one.

Click to Visit >> The Glove Shop On-Line
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Glove Conditioning and Restoration