Looking for some laces

Please share your knowledge on how to keep your vintage gloves in great shape and looking sharp.

Looking for some laces

Postby golfswing » March 12th, 2007, 11:54 pm

Wanting to try my hand at relacing a couple of Rawlings gloves and would like to purchase enough laces to complete both gloves. I would really like to find some dark tan (but not chocolate) laces. I guess I will also need some thinner laces to do the palms.

I read some ealier posts regarding Tanners and Triple C Leather laces but I am not sure I need enough to meet a minimum order.

Anyone have some extra laces for sales to get a beginner started or can you point me in the right direction as to where to find some laces?

Thanks.
golfswing
Veteran Glove Poster

Singles

Postby Studboy » March 13th, 2007, 12:15 am

If you have no luck here with other glovers, I know Tanners sells singles & 5 piece lots on eBay.

http://stores.ebay.com/Tanners-Outlet-Store
Studboy
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby golfswing » March 13th, 2007, 12:36 am

Thanks for the info on Tanners on ebay. Any idea where you can get the thinner laces that are used on the palm of a glove?
golfswing
Veteran Glove Poster

glove relacing kits

Postby Cowboy7130 » March 13th, 2007, 9:18 pm

The cheap relacing kits you can get at Wal-Mart or Academy Sports, Dicks Sporting Goods, or places like that, have pretty good laces, in my opinion. The Louisville Slugger laces are thicker and stronger; the Rawlings and Franklin laces are thinner. They sell them in singles.

I also have a suggestion for 'cheating' on the color of the laces. You can buy a small bottle of leather dye at most shoe stores in the color you want. Shoe stores, western wear (boot) stores, or saddle and tack shops will carry leather dye for making repairs on leather goods. I don't see why it wouldn't work on laces. Just a suggestion ... :roll:
Yes, I still have my first glove.
Cowboy7130
Gold Glove Poster

Postby kenyon » October 1st, 2007, 12:35 pm

This link Studboy provided is now dead. Does anyone know of an updated Tanners Outlet Store on eBay now?

I'm looking at relacing a Mantle XPG 26 I recently acquired. I don't relace gloves that often so I'm not that interested in bulk. Or, if anyone is interested in selling me laces for one or two gloves, I would be interested. Thanks.
kenyon
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby burker72 » October 1st, 2007, 2:08 pm

Absolutely try Wood-N-Stuff- Laces on eBay. To get a link go to the General Glove discussion and look on page 2 of the "how about a glove revitalization contest" link.
burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby kenyon » October 2nd, 2007, 5:23 pm

Thank You, just what I'm looking for.
kenyon
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Glove Conditioning and Restoration