Lacing advice needed

Please share your knowledge on how to keep your vintage gloves in great shape and looking sharp.

Lacing advice needed

Postby ScottWNJ » May 4th, 2010, 6:00 pm

I picked up a 40's fielders glove yesterday with two of the three tunnels detached. The glove was in good enough condition not to pass up, and it was inexpensive. I reviewed the forum and some You Tube videos on relacing and decided to give it a shot. After all it's only two tunnels, right? I picked up a Rawlings lacing needle and some black lacing 3/16" x 48" at Dick's. Besides not being able to figure out how to thread the needle, the lacing seems too thick to go through those holes. It is definitely thicker than the lacing on the glove. I re-read some forum posts on thinner laces, but I do not want to or need to purchase a boatload of lace to complete this project. Since this is my very first attempt at lacing, stocking up for future jobs doesn't seem practical at this time. Does anyone have a small amount of thin black 3/16" or thinner lace to sell? Here's a photo of the broken tunnels.
If you have some lace available, please send me a message.
Thanks for your help.

Scott
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Re: Lacing advice needed

Postby vintagebrett » May 4th, 2010, 7:10 pm

Scott, if you are still planning to go to Brimfield, let me know and I'll hook you up.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Glove Conditioning and Restoration