tan 3/16" x 72" lacing needed

Please share your knowledge on how to keep your vintage gloves in great shape and looking sharp.

tan 3/16" x 72" lacing needed

Postby aliciabb » January 13th, 2009, 10:40 pm

Does anybody have any bulk tan lacing to sell. I need to relace my old gloves. I tried to buy through tanners but they said you need a dealer account. TIA
aliciabb
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby rmiller » January 14th, 2009, 10:47 am

I have a pretty good amount of tan lace 3/16 by 72. Tanners stuff.
I would happy to sell you some at the price I pay for it, but I can't believe this problem people are having with Tanners. :roll:
I would try again. Ask for Joy. Tell her you want to set up an account. If that does not work, let me know, and I'll get you some lace.

Randal
Give us the gate key. I have no gate key.
Fezzik, tear his arms off. Oh, you mean this gate key!
rmiller
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby lileague » January 14th, 2009, 11:11 am

I've heard of the problems forum members had buying laces from them, but Tanners offered to set up an account for me last Friday for only 2 bundles of a dozen laces since I couldn't find white laces anywhere locally.
lileague
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby edingc » January 14th, 2009, 10:23 pm

Yeah, I had problems as well, but BretMan here on the forums helped me out.
Cody Eding
edingc
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby aliciabb » January 26th, 2009, 5:33 pm

Well, I talked to Joy and she told me no. Unless I'm a dealer they cant retail the laces. I was wondering if someone could send me a shout next time they order laces and allow me to send you money. Or if someones got a lot hanging around they would be willing to part with. I don't need a lot, just enough to relace 2 of my gloves and 3 of my teammates in tan 3/16x72. Thanks if anyone is willing to help.
aliciabb
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » January 26th, 2009, 6:12 pm

Shoot me an email- my email address can be found at the website link in my signature below (The Glove Shop).

To relace an entire glove, you will need about 4 laces per glove. You might possibly be able to get away with 3 per glove, if they are smaller gloves and you can figure the most economical way to cut the lengths you need from 72" laces.

When I have them to spare (right now I do), I sell these laces for $2.25 each. If you can find them in a sporting goods store, they generally retail for between $3-$4 apiece.

Shipping will vary and I try to charge only what it costs me. For a small order, say 5-6 laces, I can send them first class and it runs about $2. For larger quantities, I have to go with Priority Mail and that might run about $6.

A lot of times I simply don't have a big supply of laces on hand and can't spare them. I use a couple of hundred a year, but usually only order more when my supply starts to get low. Right now, I have them to spare- unless three or four people send me gloves to get repaired in the next few days!
Click to Visit >> The Glove Shop On-Line
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby bs » February 22nd, 2009, 10:57 pm

Below is a link to site that sells laces:

http://www.usasportsdirect.com/Baseball-Gloves-Bulk-Laces.htm
bs
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby jsalinas » February 24th, 2009, 2:31 pm

I work at a store that sells Tanners laces.

We usually carry assorted colors. Our prices will be between $3-$4 per lace.

Let me know if you have a question. Thanks.

sales@mojosports.biz
jsalinas
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Glove Conditioning and Restoration