Couple Gloves Relaced

Please share your knowledge on how to keep your vintage gloves in great shape and looking sharp.

Couple Gloves Relaced

Postby opticsp » January 4th, 2009, 1:20 am

Thought I would share a couple of gloves I recently relaced. Thanks to Old_Glove_New for the sweet laces.

1988 Pro FB

1985 Pro 2
Image[/img]
opticsp
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby cubfaithful » January 4th, 2009, 2:26 am

Thats beautifull work!...but man, that FB looks way too labor intensive!!

Great Job!

And no, I'm not stalking you on your post's (Ha!)

Although....I might show up at your house someday - for some catch!!
-
cubfaithful
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby oakfan33 » January 4th, 2009, 2:54 am

Excellent work on both gloves. I noticed the knots that you tied on the tops of the pinkies and thumbs. Those are something I haven't seen. Is that your own design? Nice!
oakfan33
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby opticsp » January 4th, 2009, 9:38 am

oakfan:

I basically double the knot to shorten the length. I am not crazy about strings slapping around when I'm trying to catch flies.

As you can see, both these gloves are gamers as I do not collect for show. So, I double knot the pinky/thumb strands to shorten them up. I also like the way it looks.

cubfan:

That FB was labor intensive. It took me a while to figure it out because the pattern changes on the edge of the glove from one side to the other. There are also two strands that run the length of fingers that are difficult to terminate. It is an old glove and was a good practice piece.

As for catch, anytime. National leaguers should stick together. I can take you to the site of old Ebbets since I live on the other side of the park from where it used to be. The site is now a very dense urban neighborhood and the footprint of the stadium is a housing project called...Ebbets. :cry:
opticsp
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby MGHProductions » January 4th, 2009, 2:27 pm

Nice job on the gloves. They look great.
Matt
MGHProductions
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: Couple Gloves Relaced

Postby glovemedic » January 5th, 2009, 2:53 pm

opticsp wrote:Thought I would share a couple of gloves I recently relaced. Thanks to Old_Glove_New for the sweet laces.

Nice job all the way around!
Chuck Faulkner
The Glove Medic
Tazewell, TN 37879

http://www.glovemedic.com
glovemedic
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Mike_2007 » January 5th, 2009, 3:08 pm

Sweet gloves - great job! I've noticed your collection is growing :)
Mike_2007
Gold Glove Poster

Postby opticsp » January 5th, 2009, 3:46 pm

Thanks guys, I've gotten great response which I appreciate. The Pro 2 was fun to do with that instant gratification feeling as you are going along. The FB was tough, challenging but rewarding. I have not put it down since I finished it.

Mike: I wouldn't say my collection is growing, but I would say it is constantly changing. I have two gloves I will never part with, Pro 2 and and Pro 7 (although I have thought about getting rid of the Pro 7 before). My goal is to have a Pro 2MTC, Pro 1000H and a Wilson A2000 (X)L and be finished. Hopefully 2009 will be good to me.
opticsp
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Glove Conditioning and Restoration