Dirty Rawlings patch

Please share your knowledge on how to keep your vintage gloves in great shape and looking sharp.

Dirty Rawlings patch

Postby centerfield9 » December 24th, 2008, 3:38 pm

I was just wondering if someone could give me some tips on cleaning the patches on a Rawlings glove. Picked up a Pro-TB to use as a gamer but would like to clean it and relace it first.
centerfield9
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby awarsoca » December 24th, 2008, 9:59 pm

use All Free ( white bottle, no additives, or Dreft, if you have a baby around the house. Get a small cup and dilute the detergent a bit with cold water. Use a soft bristle tooth brush and brush the patch in the direction of the thread weave, usually east->West or vice versa. DO NOT scrub in all directions or you will "pick" the thread out. once its lathered, use another tooth brush (or clean the one you have) and use cold water to remove the soap. I also wipe the patch down with a soft towel. I usually do this twice and then let it dry and repeat again if necessary.
awarsoca
Gold Glove Poster

Postby centerfield9 » December 24th, 2008, 10:17 pm

Thanks. Will give it a try this weekend. I have another question. Can someone tell me what the wax like substance is that Rawlings used inside of there HOH gloves. My dad has a PRO-2 that is apart and the wax is dried up. He would like to add some to the glove before petting it back together.
centerfield9
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby oakfan33 » December 25th, 2008, 4:23 am

Can someone tell me what the wax like substance is that Rawlings used inside of there HOH gloves. My dad has a PRO-2 that is apart and the wax is dried up. He would like to add some to the glove before petting it back together.

http://www.vintagebaseballgloveforum.co ... php?t=1073

http://www.vintagebaseballgloveforum.co ... php?t=1503
oakfan33
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Glove Conditioning and Restoration