First Trap-Eze Web Re-lace

Please share your knowledge on how to keep your vintage gloves in great shape and looking sharp.

First Trap-Eze Web Re-lace

Postby oakfan33 » November 27th, 2008, 12:52 am

Well, I finally got the nerve to re-lace my PRO-12TCB. It was done before by another person but I never quite liked the small thin laces that were in it. I was told that thicker laces would tear the already stretched out holes around the web. But I like thick laces, so I just had to do it. So after reading some suggestions from a previous Trap web posting, I just did it. The whole glove was easy and then I got to the web and got a little scared. Do I really want to do this? I started at the looping laces around the web as suggested. Followed the original lace, one hole at a time. Got to the criss cross pattern, did the same thing. That wasn't bad at all, it's much easier than it looks. There are alot fewer laces than one would think holding the web together. I think 3 on the looping section and 2 on the criss cross Trap section. And I did all of them one lace at a time, so that made it easy. As far as the holes stretching more with the thicker lace, I think they actually filled the hole better and made them look smaller. No additional damage was done to the holes, I was very carefull with the laces. I posted a photo of the web only which is the scariest looking part to do, but in reality, it wasn't.
oakfan33
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby cubfaithful » November 27th, 2008, 1:58 am

Hi oakfan33,

The thick laces look good. The thought of re-lacing a trapeze would never cross my mind(fear!). Pat yourself on the back... glove looks excellent.
cubfaithful
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » November 27th, 2008, 9:00 am

Last edited by wjr953 on December 6th, 2008, 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
wjr953

Postby skwid » November 27th, 2008, 2:28 pm

That's excellent work. Was it easier or harder than you thought it would be?
skwid
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby awarsoca » November 30th, 2008, 7:02 pm

Nice job
awarsoca
Gold Glove Poster

Postby jsalinas » November 30th, 2008, 9:58 pm

Really nice job. I usually tend to shy away from Traps...maybe next time I'll have the courage to say yes to the job. :wink:
jsalinas
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Glove Conditioning and Restoration