Don't buy from Triple D laces I need HELP!

Please share your knowledge on how to keep your vintage gloves in great shape and looking sharp.

Don't buy from Triple D laces I need HELP!

Postby wickedwoman11 » November 10th, 2008, 2:29 pm

I'm so frustrated I could scream. I have been desperately trying to find laces to match my buffalo glove. I have spent a few hundred dollars at this point in lace cost and shipping costs, and I keep striking out.

I thought I had a perfect match with the light tan at Triple D laces, so I ordered some from them. But instead of the light tan ones shown on his website, I was sent some that were the same orange tan everyone else has shipped me. I have tried six different orders, and they have all been this same regular tan color.

I then sent an email and asked why he sent me the wrong color. I asked to send them back and get the color that I paid for. It has been almost five days and he still has not answered my email. Also, I went to the website, and it has been taken down.

Can someone, anyone, please help me? As many of you know, I love that glove to death. I wish I had kept the old cracked laces in it, but I was stupid and didn't. I have almost literally cried over wrecking my glove. And I know people said the chocolate looked good, but it just isn't MY glove anymore with those color laces.

Does ANYONE know where I can find laces that will match the color better than these orange ones? If you sell laces, or know anyone, can you please look at the picture of my glove (back when it was beautiful) and help me out? Please...
Alas, my glove is better than my game.
Gamer and most prized possession: Nokona Buffalo personalized with my name in script AMG175BF
The "Backup": 2009 Rawlings black GG12XTCB
wickedwoman11
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby rmiller » November 10th, 2008, 2:41 pm

Staci,

Wow, this has become quite the ordeal, hasn't it. As I look at your glove, I think good ole' Tanners standard lace would do it. No? I assume you have ordered from Tanners- the regular tan ones not chocolate.

A couple hundred Bucks!? Wow! Look, stop torturing yourself. You had to put new lace in. If the laces were cracked, and starting to go on your gamer, you had no choice but to relace.

Remind us again, where you have got laces from that are not what you want. I just can't believe there is nothing out there that works.

I have plenty of Tanners tan lace. I'll donate to the cause.
Give us the gate key. I have no gate key.
Fezzik, tear his arms off. Oh, you mean this gate key!
rmiller
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: Don't buy from Triple D laces I need HELP!

Postby glove-works » November 10th, 2008, 11:26 pm

Can someone, anyone, please help me? As many of you know, I love that glove to death. I wish I had kept the old cracked laces in it, but I was stupid and didn't. I have almost literally cried over wrecking my glove. And I know people said the chocolate looked good, but it just isn't MY glove anymore with those color laces.

Does ANYONE know where I can find laces that will match the color better than these orange ones? If you sell laces, or know anyone, can you please look at the picture of my glove (back when it was beautiful) and help me out? Please...
Image[/quote]

Do you have a sample of the original lace you removed? I may be able to help you.

e-mail me at mike@glove-works.com
Glove-Works
Home of "the Works"
Glove Repair/Restoration & Sales
www.glove-works.com
glove-works
Gold Glove Poster

Postby wickedwoman11 » November 11th, 2008, 2:57 am

Hi Mike, Bill and rmiller (and people who PM),
Thanks guys for your help. I just spent a few hours working on the glove, I ended up using the rawhide side of some tan laces that Bill sent me (thanks Bill).

My problem is that the glove was a cinnamon color when I got it, and as the leather faded, the laces faded too...to more of a caramel color. Now, it is almost impossible to find anything that will not clash. The regular tan (I tried Tandy's, Tanners, Nokona replacement laces, and Rawlings) were all too orange looking and clashed really bad. The yellow laces (Easton and some deer ones I tried) were way too yellow.

So I ended up doing the rawhide side. I'm actually pretty happy with the interior of the glove, and the backside, though I want to fix the front (didn't have enough to do the front of the web properly right now...will fix that).

I did take advice and call Triple C though, and they are sending me a sample card, so maybe I can find something that works.

I'm taking it with me on a trip out of town tomorrow and I plan on working on the web front, and while it still is not perfect, at least I'm not on the verge of crying because I destroyed my glove. (And it looks more like my old baby than it did with the chocolate). It may not be a great match to the leather, but it isn't too bad...

See below...
Alas, my glove is better than my game.
Gamer and most prized possession: Nokona Buffalo personalized with my name in script AMG175BF
The "Backup": 2009 Rawlings black GG12XTCB
wickedwoman11
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Glove Conditioning and Restoration