Triple D lacing?

Please share your knowledge on how to keep your vintage gloves in great shape and looking sharp.

Triple D lacing?

Postby wickedwoman11 » November 3rd, 2008, 11:27 am

Has anyone out there ever ordered Triple D light tan lacing? I'm still trying to find a good lace match for my Nokona and although the picture on their website looks like it would work, I was hoping to find additional pictures or larger ones so I can see the color in more detail.

Also, if anyone has ordered Triple D, did you like the laces? Did they send them quickly? I am going out of town on the 12th of November, and I absolutely need the laces prior to that...

Only caveat, the 8 laces comes to $14.56 and my sales tax is $15.92. I'm not sure why sales tax is more than the purchase price of the laces. (And no, that doesn't include shipping, which is an additional $9). Oh well, I'm desperate.

Thanks for any info.
Alas, my glove is better than my game.
Gamer and most prized possession: Nokona Buffalo personalized with my name in script AMG175BF
The "Backup": 2009 Rawlings black GG12XTCB
wickedwoman11
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » November 3rd, 2008, 2:01 pm

I have ordered laces from Triple D. The laces came in less than a week and the quality of the laces was fine.

A couple of things to note:

- The only color I have ever ordered from them is their "silver" color. I was hoping to find a good grey lace that was a close match for the grey lacing used on a Rawlings "Silverback" series glove.

Unfortunately, the laces were quite a bit lighter in color than the darker grey Silverback laces- almost closer to a white color, not even close to what was depicted- so I couldn't use them. But that is not a reflection on Triple D's quality or service. It is a reflection on the hit-or-miss aspect of trying to match lace colors for a certain glove based on color swatches over the internet.

The laces themselves were quite acceptable. I wound up hand-dying some of them darker colors myself and using them on several gloves.

- There seems to be a serious problem with the automated ordering process on their web site.

Like you, I first tried to use their ordering system and was shocked that it would calculate sales tax and shipping costs far in excess of the cost of the laces!

I tried it a few times and the totals it spit out were kind of crazy. The shipping cost would always be the same- no matter if you ordered one lace or 100- and it would always be about double what it costs to send an entire glove through the mail. The sales tax would always be some astronomical amount far in excess of the cost of the laces or the shipping.

That just didn't seem right, so I emailed them with my concerns before placing an order.

The guy that runs the web site (Zach Dechant) promptly wrote back with corrected totals which were entirely different from what the automated ordering system calculated. The prices he quoted were quite reasonable. I bought eight 72" long laces (four 1/4" wide, four 3/16" wide) for $21.49, which included all tax and shipping. The web site had calculated a cost of about $40 for this same order!

In summary, the laces are good laces and they were shipped promptly. But there is a serious problem with the payment calculator on the web site that is probably detering people from placing orders.
Click to Visit >> The Glove Shop On-Line
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Glove Conditioning and Restoration