Has anyone tried the Primo Glove Butter yet on their Primo?

Please share your knowledge on how to keep your vintage gloves in great shape and looking sharp.

Has anyone tried the Primo Glove Butter yet on their Primo?

Postby Paulypal » October 19th, 2008, 9:37 pm

I just got it the other day, and havent used it yet. Was wondering if there was any feedback yet
Paulypal
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby wickedwoman11 » November 18th, 2008, 4:59 pm

Paulypal, did you end up using it?

I put some on my Nokona just to see what it was like, and I was a little disappointed in the white pastey substance it left behind. It is much more a waxy substance to begin with, but I found it didn't all absorb into the leather, and left little white spots of goop behind.

I'm sticking with Franklin foam or the Wilson/Hot Glove style wax from now on, though I might add some of the Primo butter on the Rawlings that I have that has still not totally broken in.
Alas, my glove is better than my game.
Gamer and most prized possession: Nokona Buffalo personalized with my name in script AMG175BF
The "Backup": 2009 Rawlings black GG12XTCB
wickedwoman11
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby sds416 » November 19th, 2008, 8:48 pm

I put some on my HOH Pro 6 the other day. I put a little on my fingers and let it warm up a bit to and instead of getting the white film someone described it just melted into the glove beautifully. Did the whole glove by hand, then let it soak in and hit it with the softest of shoe brushes to brush off any residual, leftover glove butter. Worked nicely.
sds416
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Lugnut » November 20th, 2008, 4:56 pm

I agree, no residue here either. I like it a lot.
Lugnut
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby wickedwoman11 » November 20th, 2008, 5:32 pm

Interesting, I'll try warming it up first beforehand next time I use it. Thanks for the tip.
Alas, my glove is better than my game.
Gamer and most prized possession: Nokona Buffalo personalized with my name in script AMG175BF
The "Backup": 2009 Rawlings black GG12XTCB
wickedwoman11
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Paulypal » November 30th, 2008, 9:57 am

wickedwoman11 wrote:Paulypal, did you end up using it?

I put some on my Nokona just to see what it was like, and I was a little disappointed in the white pastey substance it left behind. It is much more a waxy substance to begin with, but I found it didn't all absorb into the leather, and left little white spots of goop behind.

I'm sticking with Franklin foam or the Wilson/Hot Glove style wax from now on, though I might add some of the Primo butter on the Rawlings that I have that has still not totally broken in.

I actually sold my Primo. So I never got to use the butter, when I sold the Primo I gave the buyer the butter also.
Paulypal
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Glove Conditioning and Restoration