TPX PRO Laces

Please share your knowledge on how to keep your vintage gloves in great shape and looking sharp.

TPX PRO Laces

Postby oakfan33 » October 19th, 2008, 1:19 pm

Picked up a nice TPX PRO on eBay a few weeks ago. It's funny how "little things" like broken laces on the webbing don't show up on the listing description or photos. But it was an easy fix as I relaced the web, I didn't have to relace the spiral lacing on top as the lace went through that part. My question is, how can I darken the laces to match the original color without using shoe polish? I used some Dr. glove and it darkenened them up some already. This is actually a very nice 11" glove made from thick Horween leather, reminds me of the HOH gloves where the leather was thick, but just closed around the ball with no problem.
oakfan33
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » October 19th, 2008, 8:53 pm

Check out the "Dark Laces" thread just below this one. In it, I describe how I have been hand-dying laces to match original laces in a glove. Of course, you have to do this before you install the new lace. But, with a little practice, you can come up with laces that are a just about a perfect match.

I'll try to get some pictures up showing some of my dyed laces, along with a little more detail on how I do it.
Click to Visit >> The Glove Shop On-Line
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Glove Conditioning and Restoration