How do you know you are crazy about your glove?

Please share your knowledge on how to keep your vintage gloves in great shape and looking sharp.

How do you know you are crazy about your glove?

Postby wickedwoman11 » October 7th, 2008, 5:39 am

Brought my glove on a 30 day trip to Europe to relace it (yet again, some of you know my saga where I put brown laces on my buffalo Nokona).

I ended up using some laces that Nokona had sent to me years ago. They were too orange looking, so I actually twisted them and used the sueded side out and it is a nice light brown that looks good with the leather (to me anyway).

Unfortunately, I was a lace too short and had to use a Tandy tan on the exterior web lacing and I am really not happy with the look of it because it seems too yellow to me on the suede side and orange on the smooth side of the leather. I actually wrote to Nokona from Naples, Italy to ask them if I could buy some extra laces to finish the glove properly.

Sigh. That is obsession. I do wonder what my cabin steward thought when she came in and found a baseball glove, pliers, lacing needles and a bag of laces strewn on my bed.

Now if I could just find somewhere to get one proper Nokona lace to finish the glove since they have not replied to my request yet. :?
Alas, my glove is better than my game.
Gamer and most prized possession: Nokona Buffalo personalized with my name in script AMG175BF
The "Backup": 2009 Rawlings black GG12XTCB
wickedwoman11
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby candlestick » October 8th, 2008, 1:46 pm

How do I know I am crazy about a glove? Play catch with it in the car. Cannot get it off.
candlestick
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Goldy the Gopher » October 12th, 2008, 10:43 pm

candlestick wrote:How do I know I am crazy about a glove? Play catch with it in the car. Cannot get it off.

I was actually breaking in my pro1mtc at a stop light on my way to throw the other day.
Goldy the Gopher
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby candlestick » October 13th, 2008, 5:06 pm

Goldy,

scary we both live in Minnesota. Probably cannot get enough warm weather.
candlestick
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby drzubia8 » October 14th, 2008, 12:53 am

what i'd like to know is how you got your lacing tools past the security checkpoint. or is that only something that someone who is brown and bald has to worry about.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts" - Earl Weaver
drzubia8
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby wickedwoman11 » October 14th, 2008, 5:02 am

drzubia8 wrote:what i'd like to know is how you got your lacing tools past the security checkpoint. or is that only something that someone who is brown and bald has to worry about.

Had the lacing tools (needle, scissors, pliers, et al.) in a drawstring bag in my checked luggage. My beloved glove (as always) was in the carryon. :wink:
Alas, my glove is better than my game.
Gamer and most prized possession: Nokona Buffalo personalized with my name in script AMG175BF
The "Backup": 2009 Rawlings black GG12XTCB
wickedwoman11
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby spedrunr » October 14th, 2008, 8:49 am

i have several of my favorites in my bathroom and my wife hears the "pop" of the ball hitting the pocket....(or at least that's what i tell her)

i know...TMI
spedrunr
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » October 14th, 2008, 1:27 pm

spedrunr wrote:i have several of my favorites in my bathroom and my wife hears the "pop" of the ball hitting the pocket....(or at least that's what i tell her)

i know...TMI

Whoa Dude,
That brought up visual images that I'm gonna need years of therapy to get rid of! EEEEEWWWWWW!

br
wjr953

Postby JP#3 » November 11th, 2008, 5:21 pm

I knwo that I'm crazy about my glove (gamer) .... I sleep with it. Right up on my chestdrawer.
JP#3
JP#3
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby jsalinas » April 8th, 2009, 10:17 pm

spedrunr wrote:i have several of my favorites in my bathroom and my wife hears the "pop" of the ball hitting the pocket....(or at least that's what i tell her)

i know...TMI

Funny and disturbing...all at once. :shock:
jsalinas
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Glove Conditioning and Restoration