How much does Lexol conditioner cost to buy?

Please share your knowledge on how to keep your vintage gloves in great shape and looking sharp.

How much does Lexol conditioner cost to buy?

Postby Tedwilliams94sox » September 29th, 2008, 7:59 pm

How much does lexol conditioner cost to buy locally not on the internet, and what is the best lexol for restoring older leather buy not ruined leather? Thanks.
Tedwilliams94sox
Rookie Glove Poster

Re: How much does Lexol conditioner cost to buy?

Postby glovemedic » September 29th, 2008, 9:30 pm

Tedwilliams94sox wrote:How much does lexol conditioner cost to buy locally not on the internet, and what is the best lexol for restoring older leather buy not ruined leather? Thanks.

Not much. Go to pep boys and buy it in the lg spray bottle for ~ $10. Lexol NF is good for dried out leather. The regular (brown bottle) is good for everything else. Go back and read the numerous older posts on the topic. It has been well discussed on the board.
Chuck Faulkner
The Glove Medic
Tazewell, TN 37879

http://www.glovemedic.com
glovemedic
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » September 29th, 2008, 9:34 pm

I guess it runs about the same price from a store- minus the shipping and handling cost you have for mail order.

It's been awhile since I bought any- I have been buying the large one-liter bottles for a few years. I'll need to buy more soon, as I'm almost out!

The one-liter bottles usually sell for around $20 (or, about 58 cents per ounce), the smaller 8-ounce bottles for around $8 (a dollar an ounce) and the half-liter spray bottles for about $14 (82 cents per ounce).

I'm lucky in that I have a couple of stores just minutes away where I can find Lexol products. While I have been totally pleased with regular Lexol (in the brown bottle) I have not tried Lexol NF (the neatsfoot oil version), so I can't give you any input on that.
Click to Visit >> The Glove Shop On-Line
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Glove Conditioning and Restoration