Bulk Laces from Tanners?

Please share your knowledge on how to keep your vintage gloves in great shape and looking sharp.

Bulk Laces from Tanners?

Postby edingc » September 18th, 2008, 4:57 pm

Hello everyone-

I am looking to purchase bulk 72" lacing from Tanners but they won't sell to individuals. I found the same stuff at Home Run Monkey but they want $3.99 per lace. I don't need a ton, but at least enough lace to do 3 gloves and I wouldn't mind some extra on hand.

Is buying direct from Tanners cheaper and how would I go about doing it?

Thanks!

-Cody
edingc
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby rmiller » September 18th, 2008, 5:15 pm

Just explain to Tanners that you want to set up an account, and you should be okay. Talk to Joy or Mike. I would definatley order in bulk, rather than individually if you have a few gloves to do, and would like to keep some lace on hand. Triple C is also good to deal with.
Give us the gate key. I have no gate key.
Fezzik, tear his arms off. Oh, you mean this gate key!
rmiller
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby edingc » September 18th, 2008, 5:18 pm

rmiller wrote:Just explain to Tanners that you want to set up an account, and you should be okay. Talk to Joy or Mike. I would definatley order in bulk, rather than individually if you have a few gloves to do, and would like to keep some lace on hand. Triple C is also good to deal with.

Thank you for the quick response. I had e-mailed Tanners earlier today and Joy responded saying I should go to Play It Again Sports; unfortunately there are no longer any in my area. I'll e-mail her back and ask about setting up an account.

Thanks again.
Cody Eding
edingc
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby rmiller » September 18th, 2008, 5:22 pm

I've read this on the forum and heard from people more and more about having trouble with Tanners like you are having. I've never had a problem, and I've been ordering from them for about 8 years now-I wonder what's going on.
Give us the gate key. I have no gate key.
Fezzik, tear his arms off. Oh, you mean this gate key!
rmiller
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » September 18th, 2008, 9:00 pm

No problems for me either. Just placed an order with Joy a couple of days ago. I've had an account for a few years and order about 100-150 laces per year.

Edingc, if you don't have any luck buying from Tanner's, drop me a line at the email address listed in the link below.
Click to Visit >> The Glove Shop On-Line
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby dapert » September 18th, 2008, 9:01 pm

I wonder if it's a result of this forum. as the membership grows more and more people are going to them directly for their personal use and not as "dealers".
dapert
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby edingc » September 18th, 2008, 11:53 pm

As it stands I think I'm going to place an order with Triple D. From what I've read on these forums the laces are pretty good quality correct? And from what I saw on the web site they were much cheaper than other real "retailers".
Cody Eding
edingc
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby edingc » September 21st, 2008, 3:51 pm

BretMan wrote:No problems for me either. Just placed an order with Joy a couple of days ago. I've had an account for a few years and order about 100-150 laces per year.

Edingc, if you don't have any luck buying from Tanner's, drop me a line at the email address listed in the link below.

E-mail sent.
Cody Eding
edingc
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » September 22nd, 2008, 10:42 am

Laces are on the way!
Click to Visit >> The Glove Shop On-Line
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Glove Conditioning and Restoration