Anybody ordered black laces or 1/4 tan from Tanner's lately?

Please share your knowledge on how to keep your vintage gloves in great shape and looking sharp.

Anybody ordered black laces or 1/4 tan from Tanner's lately?

Postby dapert » September 10th, 2008, 3:20 pm

I placed an order with them a few weeks ago and was told they were out of stock on the black and the 1/4 tan laces. I've checked with twice lately and have been told nothing yet.

Just wondering if I'm getting the run around because I'm in Canada. They wanted me to go through Rawlings Canada when I first tried to set up my account but Rawlings sent me back to them because they didn't have a local rep who stocked the laces.

When I got confirmation on my first order the e-mail said we look forward to meeting your future needs through Rawlings Canada. I sent them an e-mail Friday asking them if this means I can't order direct from them any longer and have yet to get a reply.
dapert
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » September 10th, 2008, 5:37 pm

dapert,
I have never had any problems ordering laces from Tanner's. Of course, I don't order the 1/4" laces, just the 3/16". Maybe that makes a difference, but I don't really know why. If I can be of any help, let me know.

br
wjr953

Postby dapert » September 10th, 2008, 7:18 pm

Just seemed odd to me that they'd be "out" of black lace...both sizes.

I could be wrong but to me that's like a bakery saying they have no bread. Well the flour's back there so make some bread. If they were out of black leather I could see it. Their site shows them cutting the laces so I figured it meant Joe needs to cut some up and it won't be ready until tomorrow. This is going on 3 weeks now.
dapert
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Glove Conditioning and Restoration