Rawlings PRORL web relace help and I need new web

Please share your knowledge on how to keep your vintage gloves in great shape and looking sharp.

Rawlings PRORL web relace help and I need new web

Postby oakfan33 » July 16th, 2008, 9:39 am

I need help with relacing a Rawlings Johnny Bench endorsed USA HOH PRORL. The web has been repaired and relaced and it just doesn't look right so following the old pattern wouldn't work. If anyone can post a photo of the web, it would be great. Or a PM can work also. I'm also looking for a replacement top portion of the web for this mitt as it has been cut and repaired. If anyone has a web that I can transplant, please let me know. Thanks
oakfan33
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby lileague » July 19th, 2008, 9:01 am

I have a couple of RL models I bought as beaters to mess around with. Both had torn upper webs. This is what I came up with. The RL 1 (brown) was my first. The RL 10 (tan) is better. It will stop anything. They look pretty cool and get lots of attention at my kid's practice.

[/img]http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p374/amycappel/100_1312.jpg[img]

[/img]http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p374/amycappel/100_1313.jpg
lileague
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby lileague » July 19th, 2008, 9:04 am

Here's the RL 1. I hope.

lileague
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby spedrunr » July 19th, 2008, 11:29 am

nice job on the rolled lace. i can see you count each turn :wink:
spedrunr
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » July 19th, 2008, 1:10 pm

Nice job on the rolled lace web, really impressive. I have an old pillow, catcher's mitt, buckle back that I was wondering about. How much would you charge for doing something like that. It's a really small web. I can send pictures if you PM your email address. It's for a friend of mine, I'm doing this as a favor for him, it was his Dad's glove.

Thanks, br
wjr953

Return to Glove Conditioning and Restoration