Triple C leather lace...

Please share your knowledge on how to keep your vintage gloves in great shape and looking sharp.

Triple C leather lace...

Postby rmiller » June 26th, 2008, 10:37 pm

Have any of you ever purchased lace from Triple C Leather? I received their sample card today- it seems very good, but the samples are only two inches long. They sell in bundles of 100, and their price (per 100) beats Tanners.

I have only ever bought from Tanners, which I have been very happy with. But if the quality is just as good (or even better), and I can save some money, I might try it.

Triple C has 6 colors of glove lace in 5 widths- 1/8”, 9/64”, 5/32”, 3/16”, and ¼”, which is pretty cool; length-6 inches to 84 inches, with pretty much everything in between.

They sell in bundles of 100, with prices varying by width and length.
The quality from the little 2 inch samples seems very good- Tanners esq. in fact.

I just thought I would ask before I make a big purchase from Triple C.

Thanks guys.

-Randal
Give us the gate key. I have no gate key.
Fezzik, tear his arms off. Oh, you mean this gate key!
rmiller
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » June 26th, 2008, 11:46 pm

Randal,
Can you give me the link to their website, I am very interested in looking at some of their samples.

Thanks, br
wjr953

Postby rmiller » June 26th, 2008, 11:57 pm

http://www.triplecleather.com/

I emailed them last week, asking if they had baseball glove lace; they replied right back asking for my address to send samples They sent the samples right out.

-Randal
rmiller
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby crackofthebat » June 27th, 2008, 6:11 am

I have bought laces from Triple C for almost 20 years now - I wouldn't buy from any other place. Make sure you specify the thickness of the lace. They do this by weight. Personally, I feel a 4 oz. leather lace is best for relacing gloves. I use a 3 oz. leather lace for doing the palms of gloves. For a catcher's mitt I may use a 5 oz. lace. As far as width, I buy the 5/32". One other note - make sure you buy the alum tanned laces, not the chrome. I think all the laces they sell are specifically cut for each customer. Nice people to deal with.
crackofthebat
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby rmiller » June 27th, 2008, 9:46 am

Thanks for the info. That’s exactly what I was looking for.

By the way- I spoke with a Triple C sales rep this morning, and they will sell in bundles less than 100. I inquired about bundles of 50 for half the price, and he told me it wasn’t a problem. I think I'm gonna try it.
rmiller
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Glove Conditioning and Restoration