Armor All and Nieman products to clean gloves

Please share your knowledge on how to keep your vintage gloves in great shape and looking sharp.

Armor All and Nieman products to clean gloves

Postby rmiller » June 21st, 2008, 12:32 pm

I have a few questions about products I saw at Target. I think it is a company called "Nieman"- they make a leather cleaning wipe, as does Armor All.

Anyone used leather cleaning wipes?

Armor All also has a few different leather cleaners and restoration products- spray bottles and creams.

Any thoughts on these products?
rmiller
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » June 21st, 2008, 11:16 pm

I had some Armor All leather wipes lying around and tried them on an old glove one time. It gave the glove a kind of shiny and slick finish that I didn't really care for.

The finish would have been perfect for, say, a leather couch or car interior. But, to me personally, it wasn't really the kind of finish I like on a glove.

Rawlings makes Gloveolium wipes (or, at least, they used to- I bought some a few years ago). They weren't bad for light cleaning or touch-ups. I used them on a glove that was basically already clean and in good shape. My impression was that if the glove was really dirty, or really dried out, that I would need to use the whole package of wipes to get the glove clean.
Click to Visit >> The Glove Shop On-Line
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Glove Conditioning and Restoration