Wilson A2680 Trapper Restore Help!

Please share your knowledge on how to keep your vintage gloves in great shape and looking sharp.

Wilson A2680 Trapper Restore Help!

Postby dacton » April 7th, 2008, 8:25 pm

I have a Wilson A2680 Trapper 3 Finger glove. I would like to restore this back to as original as possible to give as a usable gift for my dad. No clue, but he's obsessed with the 3 finger ones. The glove itself is in pretty soft and nice condition. The lacing could need replacement and the bindings all around the glove are a little scuffed up and worn. There is a part that needs to be re-sewn as well. I can send pics if you’d like. However, I'm looking for someone that can make this thing look as good as possible. I e-mailed glove works last week with no response back. My guess is they are busy with the upcoming season.

Any suggestions on where I go? HELP ME!!!

Thank you
dacton
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » April 7th, 2008, 11:21 pm

Give this guy a try...

Earl Malone
Malone Glove Repair
127 Township Rd. 150
P.O. Box 201
Pedro, OH 45659
(740) 533-0622

Some of Earl's work is discussed in the "General Glove Discusion" forum, under the thread entitled "Any A2000 Experts Here?".

Earl worked for Wilson for nearly 30 years and is definitely an expert! Me can remanufacture just about any piece of a Wilson glove. I have seen examples of his work and the gloves he restores are a thing of beauty.

If you contact him, let us know how it turns out!
Click to Visit >> The Glove Shop On-Line
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Glove Conditioning and Restoration