Rampant MLB Glove Abuse

Please share your knowledge on how to keep your vintage gloves in great shape and looking sharp.

Rampant MLB Glove Abuse

Postby opticsp » March 27th, 2008, 10:56 pm

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... EGgpFRYPIU

Check out this article to read about all the abuse put on the professional gloves of your favorite players. Basically they do everything we tell them not to. I especially like the high tech Jimmy Rollins method.
opticsp
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » March 28th, 2008, 4:14 pm

I guess that's the difference between getting all your top-of-the-line gloves free every year and having to spend your hard-earned bucks to buy your own!

Us working stiffs want our gloves to last a few seasons before we have to plunk down cash for a new one. You can break-in a new glove or, with some real punishment, just flat-out break it. But if a glove rep is going to give you all the gloves you need (or you're making a couple million a year and could buy any glove you want)...who cares!
Click to Visit >> The Glove Shop On-Line
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » March 28th, 2008, 9:06 pm

Wow,
You would never see me doing anything like that to a baseball glove, ever! I guess if you don't have to write the check to pay for it, you don't have to even care what you do to it. That's just wrong. Some of the gloves that these jerks get for free, I would kill to have in my collection. Where's the justice? lol

br
wjr953

Postby opticsp » March 28th, 2008, 9:20 pm

I'm with you wjr. Show some g-love. I think if you treat gloves like that, no matter where they come from or if you paid for them or not, you come back in the next life as an flea or cockroach.
opticsp
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » March 28th, 2008, 11:28 pm

Yeah, or as the smallest tree in the local dog park!

br
wjr953

Return to Glove Conditioning and Restoration