Nokona CM45 Youth Catcher's Mitt

Please share your knowledge on how to keep your vintage gloves in great shape and looking sharp.

Nokona CM45 Youth Catcher's Mitt

Postby wjr953 » February 26th, 2008, 1:01 pm

I have a Nokona Youth Mitt that needs repair. Several of the lacing holes near the top of the webbing on the pocket side have split open, I guess from catching too many of those high hard ones! I sent the glove off to Nokona, but they sent it back with their apologies because they could not fix it. They said the glove needs a new "face" and the dies needed to "cut a new face" were lost in that big fire that they had at their plant. Any ideas where I can send this glove off for repair? It's a very nice glove, well broken in and I would really like to get it fixed, assuming it doesn't cost me a kidney and a lung to do so, lol. Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
wjr953

Postby BretMan » February 26th, 2008, 5:15 pm

Hi Bill,

Haven't seen you on the board for awhile.

That sort of thing is beyond my own glove repair scope, or else I'd be glad to work on it for you.

I'm not sure if frequent poster and glove guru "Glove-Works" can handle a repair like that, but it's worth shooting him an email.

http://www.glove-works.com/

One other option might be John Golomb, the Sports Doctor. I'm sure he can fix this- but it might cost you almost as much as new glove!

http://www.thesportsdoctor.com/
Click to Visit >> The Glove Shop On-Line
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » February 26th, 2008, 11:15 pm

Bret,
Yeah I've been out of the loop for a while, starting to get back into it again. It's nice to hear from you again Bret, hope all is well with you. As far as the relacing/reconditioning goes, I've got about a gazillion gloves in my basement that I need to get working on. So far the wife hasn't complained, but I know the she wants to see the cellar back sometime this year! lol Thanks for your consideration and suggestions on the Nokona. Chuck (Glove Medic) is working with me and he thinks maybe he can help out. I'm going to send him some pix so he can judge what needs to be done and then we'll go from there. I hope to be posting more in the near future. That is, at least until baseball season kicks in for real, then I'll be back on the field coaching my 9yr old grandson's team again. Gosh, I do love the game of baseball. lol I love the forum, and I look forward to chatting with you and everyone else soon. Take care. :D
wjr953

Postby BretMan » February 27th, 2008, 12:08 am

Chuck, The Glove Medic is a good guy. We have corresponded several times on this board, through private email and on a couple of other baseball related discussion boards.

Hope he can help! It would be a shame to toss a great mitt like that.
Click to Visit >> The Glove Shop On-Line
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Glove Conditioning and Restoration