Beater 1" web or full web

Pre-1970 gloves for that you are looking to sell, trade or looking for.

Beater 1" web or full web

Postby Bravosin99 » July 5th, 2007, 9:59 pm

Does anyone have a beater 1" web or full web they want to part with for about $20-$30 or maybe a little more. Not much more though since I only want it to play catch with it. As long as it is not totally falling apart and can still catch a ball I will consider it.

Also I would like to get my dad his first glove it was a Sears Ted Williams and he said it was a dark green color.

If anyone has anything to offer let me know the price and if you have pictures I would like to see them first.

Thanks- Josh
Bravosin99
Gold Glove Poster

beater

Postby Bravosin99 » July 8th, 2007, 9:40 pm

No one has a beater 1" web they want to get rid of :cry: ....??
Bravosin99
Gold Glove Poster

Postby stockbuddy » July 8th, 2007, 10:00 pm

Hi Josh, I have one that is definetly an old beater full web or perhaps a hybrid web. Don't get your hopes up on this one as it really is not much but for a good laugh. I will send you pics of it shortly. Just be prepared for a good laugh and you don't really have to buy it. 20 plus actual shipping would buy it though. LOL It really is a beaterrrrrrrr. :oops:

Dave
stockbuddy
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

beater

Postby Bravosin99 » July 8th, 2007, 10:08 pm

Thanks Dave can't wait to see it....Im actually bidding on a kinda beater 1" web on ebay right now...I think I may have even bid a little more then I wanted to just to have it to play catch with but oh well :lol: ....But if I get out bid I will def. consider yours!! Just send the pictures whenever you get the chance. Thanks again!
Bravosin99
Gold Glove Poster

Finally got a beater!! Check it out

Postby Bravosin99 » July 16th, 2007, 4:47 pm

Finally got a great beater to play catch with. Thanks Dave!! :D Thing was pretty dry and had a few large holes when I got it, but that is also what I was expecting. I wanted to make a project out of it. I used some pro stock on it and had the grandma do some major surgery on it and here it is!! The front came out a lot better then it was there is nothing I could do for the lining.
I wish I still had the original pics of this glove because it did a big turn around!!
Bravosin99
Gold Glove Poster

Postby stockbuddy » July 16th, 2007, 9:23 pm

Hi Josh, Great job on the old glove. I can resend you pics of the old glove. I thnk I still have them.

Dave
stockbuddy

Postby stockbuddy » July 16th, 2007, 9:28 pm

Josh, Pics sent to you.

Dave
stockbuddy

beater original pic

Postby Bravosin99 » July 17th, 2007, 9:22 pm

Here is the original photo of the glove before I put conditioner on it and had my grandma do some sewing. I was amazed at how good it came out. It is hard to see in the original photo but the whole thumb seam was seperated and all the crotches between the fingers had pretty big holes. Thanks again for the glove Dave!! I can't wait to get to play catch with it. Just got the wisdom teeth out today so it may be a few days :cry: lol.
Bravosin99
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Gloves for Sale / Trade / Wanted