Anyone Else Bored? Trading Block

Pre-1970 gloves for that you are looking to sell, trade or looking for.

Anyone Else Bored? Trading Block

Postby Yanks23 » April 15th, 2016, 5:00 pm

Howdy all. It's Friday, and for those of you who know me...I get a bit bored on Fridays (hint: if you have early stuff to sell, Friday evening is the best time to hit me up!). It might be just me, but the hobby seems to be a bit quiet. And I'm not sure if this is even worth trying, but I thought the idea of a "trading block" could help stimulate some activity out there. My time in the hobby has been primarily as a buyer thus far, so I am likely not the best person to kick off a "trading block" of sorts. But I'd be willing to bet that many of you have some stuff that you'd consider moving in a trade that you haven't thought to post. And my guess is there are a lot of different types of collectors on this forum who would have something different to offer. Personally, I am interested in the early stuff and white full webs. Random "advertising" gloves/mitts too, a la the shoe company gloves, Curtiss Candy/Baby Ruth gloves, etc. too.

Anyway, I wanted to toss this out there as an idea. Perhaps it could be something as simple as listing gloves that you'd consider parting with along with what you'd want/need in return. Or if you have a collection that is featured on JD's site, point people to that to get the conversations going. I'll start. If you search "Whitman" on JD's gallery, you will see my collection. That is currently what I have. While I might not be willing to trade or sell any of the gloves, I will never consider anything "untouchable". Take a look. I tend to operate under the principle that "you never know unless you ask" -- and hopefully this post stimulates some discussion out there. Heck, Jared posted about the Western Sporting Goods full web that Mike T. had previously posted. While Mike sold it already (to me), it opened up the path of communication between Jared and I (we had never "spoken" before). And I decided to help move that glove into a collection where I believe it "belongs". And I got to "meet" a pretty cool dude in the process. Had he not done that, the very nice Western would still be in my collection. Damn, on second thought... ;-)

C'mon, someone out there is dying to sell a fingerless or a webless to me!

-- Tim
Email: timwhitman@comcast.net
Yanks23
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: Anyone Else Bored? Trading Block

Postby ebbets55 » April 15th, 2016, 7:39 pm

OK, I'll bite. I want your two fingerless gloves. : )

I'll be the first to admit that he gets pretty wiley on Friday nights. He talked me out of a few of my "keepers" - ones I thought I would never part with.

Here's what I'm looking for:

- A finger tipped catchers glove
- Horace Partridge Babe Ruth glove
- a Lowe & Campbell pre-war 3
- an Ernst pre-war 3
- Nokonas in the box or empty Nokona boxes
- 1890's A.J. Reach catalogs (as well as a few missing years up to 1926)

JD

P.S. - Put down the bottle and just say "No"
ebbets55
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby MGHProductions » April 18th, 2016, 10:27 pm

I'm looking for nice old decal bats - mini and full size.
40k Kork grip bats
Any Ruth , Gehrig , Wagner , Cobb or joe Jackson bat

Good luck with the glove trading . I think it's a great idea. Doea a Horace partridge ruth exist ?
Matt
MGHProductions
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby ebbets55 » April 18th, 2016, 11:40 pm

Hey Matt,

It appears in the 1925 Horace Partridge catalog in Joe's Vintage Baseball Glove Catalog Source Book. Thomas E. Wilson snuck in a Ruth model in 1924 and 1925 and Horace Partridge did in 1925 as well. They were short-lived production runs as D&M had the Babe under contract. I'm sure D&M had them stop, and thus, they are super rare. Gotta have one!

Good luck with the bats on your want list. Let's get some chatter out here.

JD
Attachments
Horace Partridge 1925 Catalog Snip.jpg
Horace Partridge 1925 Catalog Snip
ebbets55

Postby Deacon » April 20th, 2016, 6:33 pm

I get the boredom...I'll look over some trade possibilities I may have. I'd be looking to improve upon the 1900ish portion of my collection.
Although it's not up to date (my fault), search Majewski on JD's site for a segment of my collection. In addition, I may have other baseball memorabilia available.
Deacon
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby ebbets55 » April 20th, 2016, 6:43 pm

Shame on you Dave for not keeping your pics updated. Ha! We are over 16,000 pics in the Glove Gallery now with more going in almost every day as collectors continue to add their new finds.

If anyone has new pics to send, I'll gladly get them uploaded. Keeping your collection updated helps in searches and tradin'. Remember to go to the search box in the main gallery and type in something like a last name i.e. Majewski or Whitman, etc. The fewer the words, the broader the search results returned.

Let's get some activity and trades going.

JD
ebbets55

Postby scottnoble » April 21st, 2016, 12:04 am

Great idea Tim,

Possible trade bait

2 Higgins GCA,s
Cobb , WB Jarvis
The lesser of my Speakers

Wanted

Ruth D@M or Wilson
Nice ! Brooks Robinson XPG3
1915 April Baseball Magazine Johnson cover
1915 January Wagner cover
1908 Cy Young cover
Others too

scottnoble at JD,s site
scottnoble
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Deacon » April 21st, 2016, 4:45 pm

JD has done a super job getting my page on his site updated, since I finally got off my tail & sent him my deletions & additions (I'll have a few more to add as well).
I'm looking primarily for early gloves & mitts, the better condition, the more I would be interested.
Also on the "newer" side: a Stall & Dean buckle web, Leacock Dazzy Vance & Goldsmith model TB.

Just throwing this out there.

mm7dj75@hotmail.com
Deacon
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Yanks23 » April 21st, 2016, 10:12 pm

Just back from a business trip and glad to see some activity on this thread. Dave, great to see the updates on JD's site. I'm going to send you a separate note now.

-- Tim
Yanks23
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby glovejunkie » May 4th, 2016, 4:51 pm

Scott, sent you a PM, question about a glove of yours...

Eric
glovejunkie
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby glovejunkie » May 13th, 2016, 8:34 am

Sorry Scott, looks like the PM function isn't working, I didn't know...my fault. So I can't read the messages back from you, as I assume you can't read mine to you;)

Just shoot me an email at glovejunkie@yahoo.com...would love to chat with you about gloves!!

Eric
glovejunkie
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Gloves for Sale / Trade / Wanted