Thinning the herd

Pre-1970 gloves for that you are looking to sell, trade or looking for.

Thinning the herd

Postby bbrah » July 10th, 2015, 3:55 pm

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I posted. I've kinda' given up the hobby of restoring gloves, because I just don't seem to have the hand and wrist strength I used to have. Anyway, I'm making some room in the closet and need to get rid of a few gloves. I've got the following seven gloves listed on ebay as a lot (with nine baseballs and four softballs) item #311400182108 I'll end the auction and sell the lot here for $100 plus shipping. I will break up the lot and sell the gloves individually if I don't get any bites but the point is to make room, so I want them all gone. Anyway, here's what I have:

Louisville Slugger TPX1200S 12 Inch No endorsement (Softball) Made in Philippines. Louisville's copy of the RGB36 with a leather cinch strap. Nice dark brown leather with contrasting black lacing. Excellent playable condition, re-laced and conditioned, "TPX" patch removed, otherwise perfect.

Mizuno MZ1022 10 Inch No endorsement Made in Philippines. Cool funky 70s Mizuno, medium darkening of the reconditioned leather contrasts nicely with the original light-colored stitching and edge binding with additional contrast from the dark brown re-lace job. Excellent playable condition, re-laced and conditioned, darkened with 2" x 1/4" ink name on outside of pinkie and ~1" stain near patch on wrist strap.

Rawlings PRO XFG127 12 3/4 Inch No endorsement (Softball) Made in Philippines.
Basically a velcro-strapped RGB36 without endorsements. Full-grain steerhide (including lining and edge binding). Very good playable condition, re-laced, faded with 1" x 1/2" ink initials near R patch

Wilson A2516 Mitt Carlton Fisk Made in Korea. Barely broken-in! Excellent playable condition.

Spalding 42.3905 ~10" No endorsement Made in Taiwan. Not pretty, but all-leather. Certainly usable and miles ahead of the crappy vinyl youth-sized gloves everyone sells today. Good playable condition, re-laced and conditioned, missing edge binding, scuffed, faded, and stained with very light 2" x 1/2" and 1 1/2" x 1/4" ink names on wrist strap.

Hawthorne 60-4204 ~10 3/4" No endorsement Made in Japan. Very nice 60s Japanese glove. All top-grain leather (including lining) Not playable, needs re-lacing, pinkie strap, and 1" of re-stitch on wrist strap, otherwise very good condition will clean up nicely.

Wilson A2350 ~11" George Brett Made in Taiwan. Not playable, laces very dry, pinkie strap broken, light scuffs, 3" x 1" ink name on lining of palm heel (inside glove).

PM or email if interested. Thanks for looking,

-BRAH

bbrah@artisanwriting.com
bbrah
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Gloves for Sale / Trade / Wanted